- Greenfield opportunity with leading multi-channel retailer
- Seeking genuine procurement leaders
About Our Client
Established in 1981 with a single store in the North West of England, JD Sports Fashion Plc is a leading multi-channel retailer of sports fashion and outdoor brands in the UK and Europe. The Group has over 800 stores across a number of retail fascias and is proud of the fact that it always provides its customers with the latest products from the very best brands, such as Nike, Adidas and The North Face with strong own brand labels such as McKenzie, Carbrini, Supply & Demand and The Duffer of St George. JD continues to increase its presence in the European market with additional stores in France, Spain, The Netherlands and Germany.
This is a key leadership role within the organisation's structure and the post holder must be capable of challenging, influencing, making high-level decisions and effectively managing relationships; whilst demonstrating a passion for procurement. This is a truly unique "Greenfield" procurement opportunity to join the leading trainer and sports fashion retailer in the UK.
The Successful Applicant
- Significant experience managing multiple aspects of GNFR spend (in particular Property & Construction, Utilities and Waste).
- Proven experience in the Retail Industry is desirable and extensive procurement experience.
- A proven track record of creating a centralised high performing Procurement function from scratch.
- Ideally MCIPS and Degree Qualified
- Assertively and confidently challenge the status quo in a high pressure environment with a high level of personal and professional credibility.
- Broad understanding across all areas of an organisation including how functions collaborate and work cross-functionally to deliver business objectives.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of procurement professionals and specialists.
- Experienced at managing cross functional change projects with strong project management skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Passionate and self-motivated
- Experienced in managing suppliers, external relationships and a budget.
What's on Offer
Apply for this job
Click the link to apply or contact Daniel Wood on +44 161 829 0380 quoting job reference 13488399