Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Best Practices

Post Best Practices

Please discuss the best practices which can be utilized by procurement professionals while negotiating or in the supplier management.

Default Re: Best Practices

Hi
    Pleased to join the group.
    My associate and I are looking around the web for reliable offshore sourcing solutions for Home decor for an import-export business.
    Can you recommend me a place to find these things?
    Thanks.

Forum Moderator

Hi Mike,

The efficient management of procurement area is one of the key factors to SCM successfull.
    The procurement best practices can begin with the management of cost drivers of the company, it can be implemented starting with the maintenance of supplier relationships; another best practice is the use of technology to support the procurement process. Besides that is very important to have support from top managers and align the objectives of purchasing department with company's objective.
    You can find some case studies about procurement in this website:
    Strategic sourcing case histories: How They Buy archive - 2007-09-11 02:00:00 EDT | Purchasing

Regards,

Patricia

Hello,
    Has any of you had any feedback about Barakkuda ? barakkuda.com/ You can get quotes from Chinese manufacturers. And I'm wondering whether they are reliable.
    Thanks

I believe that the most basic starting point is to catagorize your buys according to acceptable industry classification similar to NAICS. That way, you can also classify suppliers accordingly. From that classification, we can learn a lot about the capability of suppliers as related to their position along the supply chain. That is different from classifying suppliers according to the products or services they supply. You can see a website that classifies suppliers according to the industry classification. Just type myprocurementforum.

Check out this article that talks about best practices in building a powerful vendor management system: https://blog.procurify.com/2018/02/1...value-company/