Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: discussion outsourcing

Default Re: discussion outsourcing

Outsourcing – I was scared every time I’ve heard that word. Way back Year 2007 when our division was outsourced. From 120 staff went down to 25 personnel. We don’t know what happened but what I remember is that - when my colleague received that “Pink Letter” they went ballistic. I saw few crying and that’s the ugly truth about it.

After 7 years There was a decrease in operational cost and I think our company were able to generate big savings. Im still in touch with my colleague and some are successful employee abroad and they earned 3 times more than what they have when they were employed here.

Gold Member

I think outsourcing helps certain businesses a lot. In terms of the business actually growing and winning more, and trying reducing prices as much as possible to make it affordable. I guess it all depends on what type of business it is.

Yes, your right it helps a lot to a certain business - create a competitive advantage, good quality service and definitely reduced operational costs.

Outsourcing is a smart move if well researched. Although it can be cost effect it can also be counter-productive too. I would consider cost but quality is the main reason any business should make a move, especially because the customer's opinion of the product or service is the end result. It needs to be handles with care. I would definitely consider cost, but quality is key.

From our experience, outsourcing saves money in the long run because of the benefits that the company should have paid. And in that long stretch, the outsourced staff already knows the job. The trick of our company is to evaluate those outsourced staff and if deserving to be hired, we ask permission from the outsource agency. There more than 10 already that we had hired from outsourcing agencies that serve us.

the idea of reducing costs remains the core but not throwing away other aspects like saving time and concentrating on more critical aspects of your operations Zara clothing company resembles a good example it outsourced the heavy tasks and kept under roof the computer added fabrics designs

@Bobby JOE, that's a good viewpoint about other important aspects as time. But in our oursourcing, we treat the outsource as a trainee. There's always someone above him as if he is an understudy. And like what I said in my previous post, it that trainee learns the ropes then he can be hired and so we offer him a position. With the costing I did, outsourcing had saved us time and money.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen100 View Post
    Outsourcing is a smart move if well researched. Although it can be cost effect it can also be counter-productive too. I would consider cost but quality is the main reason any business should make a move, especially because the customer's opinion of the product or service is the end result. It needs to be handles with care. I would definitely consider cost, but quality is key.
    I think you're right, with quality comes the other things after.

Companies that delegate features of their operate have the ability to pay attention to their primary company and what they are good at. As organizations grow, they are required to deal with company features outside of their skills. Management usually spends time and energy trying to learn and handle a system or operate that they may know nothing about. This diversion can take away from concentrating on their primary company. An example of this would be a food market that contributes movie lease to their company. If the shop places too much concentrate on it clip side of the operate, they may get off track on food which is their primary company.

Cost Savings
    Cost benefits can be significant with contracted company features. Savings can be in settlement costs, production installation or costs associated with workplace. These benefits free up sources that can be used for other reasons.

Enhanced Quality
    Quality can be enhanced by utilizing providers who have the skills and expertise for some features. An example of this might be freelancing a legal operate. A legal source would often be more prepared for service examinations, choosing and training that might not otherwise be available if done in-house.

Higher Customer Fulfillment Scores
    Vendor contracts typically assurance certain levels of top quality and service that may be more difficult to handle in-house. An example of this might be if the handler phone calls in fed up, it is the retailer's liability to find an alternative to meet a contract.