Supply Chain Leaders Insights
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: old mattress issue

Default old mattress issue

Should I replace a 16 year old mattress even though nothing is wrong with it?

Default Re: old mattress issue

Yes you should. As the materials start to break down/oxidize the chemicals that were used 14 years ago start to release off gasses.

You spend hundreds of hours a year laying on your bed.

Like the car industry mattress technologies evolve every few years. I think you will find the ingredient lists today have many more natural elements. Zero off gassing certified foams, Bamboo moisture wicking, cool gels, quick response memory foam are some recent innovations.

I don't see why you should replace it if there's nothing wrong with it and you keep it clean (I personally replace it every 2–4 years for hygienic purposes), UNLESS you don't like how it looks and you're bored of it and how it feels, then you can donate or sell your current mattress and purchase a newer one that's more suitable for you.

Hope this helps, Cheers

There are dustbins in it, sweat and other small particles from hair, skin, etc. of our bodies in mattresses. A mattress should therefore be changed ideally every 3-5 years for hygienic reasons. Make sure you keep turning it over regularly and have the underside of the bed well ventilated!
    And while we're at it, you should also have also salt lamp in the bedroom (or also no room for that matter, but especially the bedroom), because it charges the room atmosphere with negative ions which are beneficial (scientifically proven) in a great number of ways.
    Look trough this review https://sleepmentor.net/ and find a new mattress

Hope you'll have a very restful and peaceful sleep.