Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Delivery cross the year

Unhappy Delivery cross the year

HI, Im new for this industry.

I have 1 situation here whereby our customer want to buy goods approx. 10k pcs but the delivery will be up to Jan18 or Feb18.
    What can I do to help this customer without breaking the internal controls. Where by internal controls not allowed us to keep customer stock cross the year.????

Should I go for overflow warehouse but cost is bear by customer.?

Thanks.

Default Re: Delivery cross the year

Hi Hamiza

If I were in your position I would most likely ask whoever is in control of your company's Internal Controls how you can get around the issue - it's their rules after all.

On first reading, however, the easiest suggestion I could make is to invoice your customer AFTER January 1st 2018 - that way the stock is still yours over year-end. Probably too simple an answer to be the right one though.

PC
    Increase your warehouse efficiency. Worldwide application: www.sanvean.co.uk

This won't be possible as an individual. I mean, you need to talk to superiors. Behalf of that, you can thereafter manage things as per the business norms.

Hi How's the days going?

In my opinion, the customer want delivery across the years, the reason may have two,
    the first one is your product is likely to rise in price at the end of the year, so the customer need to purchase a batch of goods at the current price,
    the second one is customers do have inventory at present, if the cargos earlier delivered to his side, it will bring additional inventory cost driectly.

Comprehensive the above two reasons, so I suggest you the best suggestion is to signed delayed delivery contracts with customers, indicated in the contract,
    date and place of delivery, the price of the goods, it is the most important to explain the price terms, need customers pay 30% of the payment for goods as deposit,
    if the customer won't want to purchase these cargos next year , the deposit will not return.

Wish my suggestion can help you.