Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Important of background check.

Default Important of background check.

Hi everyone.
    I want to share a little of my experience with company truck drivers.

It happened back when am still in high school. My friend and I were on our way with his dad car to a gas plant for our school project. When we are hit by a truck and both of us lost consciousness. We were fortunate that there are people around to take us to the hospital. I lost consciousness for two days in the hospital. When I woke up and asked what happened. I was told we got hit by a company truck. The the driver was drunk and he neglected road rules. The investigation by the police revealed that the driver had been arrested before for drink and driving, and had nearly killed a teanage girl.

My point is that had it been the company that hired the driver had conducted a background check on the driver before he was employed,maybe I would not spent two days on the hospital bed unconscious or my friend would not have been limping when walking.

Diamond Member

Default Re: Important of background check.

When you have a company dealing with drivers it does tend to bring a new focus into the background check. It is a little more difficult when you are thinking of your average desk job though, at least that is what I would think. Drivers and pilots though, I am all for thorough background checks.

First of all, I am quite sorry for what happened. I truly support what you have said, because thorough employee screening, besides helping avoid potentially dangerous employees, will help save a company's reputation. It can also save the company huge amounts of resources. For example, where I come from, there are many industries that have gone bankrupt, because of theft by employees.

Last but not least, it would help reduce the time wasted in having to hire new employees, just because the current ones do not meet the exact standards set by the company.

Before doing business with anyone whether an organisation, company you should always do a thorough research on the background of the said associate in order to avoid any issues.

Member Plus

It is really important to check the transport carrier when you are dealing with frequent purchases. If the transport carrier is not sincere, you might suffer loss (due to gods being damaged). Normally, when I am ordering goods, I will suggest a certain transport carrier to my supplier. I make the suggestion based on my experience with them. When the supplier cannot for some reasons sent goods through this transport carrier, I will ask him to suggest some and when he suggest a carrier, I will always do background check.

This is so important. Background check and even reference checks are so crucial for companies who use truck drivers frequently. The lives of so many people are at stake and the company will be held liable for driver errors.

Background check is very important. People don't pay attention to it. But if you don't go for background check. You are likely to have a lot of issues. And that is something you are going to learn to adjust with. People have to learn to manage the resume. And see if those credentials match. If those can't be matched then things are going to have a lot of problem. People have to also check with the police and find out if there are any records of criminal activity there. That can clean up a lot of issues.

Regarding the subject of truckers, I don't really see how a bad criminal record could hurt a trucking company. I mean, how could a company get ripped off. The trucker just drives the truck. It's not like a bank teller job, you know.

Something that's happened over here in the past couple of weeks:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...lorry-licence/

I can't see how this could possibly happen (other than negligence on the part of the trucking company) but it brings home the need for checks, if true it appears that the most basic of checks weren't carried out in this case.
    Increase your warehouse efficiency. Worldwide application: www.sanvean.co.uk