Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When products are gamaged during shipment

Default Re: When products are gamaged during shipment

Such situation is the reason why ever business and company should require of a supplier a guarantee for refunding items damaged during shipment since this leads to financial losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Suman Verma View Post
    Even I want to know this. In case, the product is damaged during shipping whi is responsible for it the business or the logistics (delivery) partner?
    I imagine local laws could differ, but in the UK the contract is between the customer and the seller - the seller (business) is responsible for the goods until they are delivered. If goods arrive damaged the customer will hold the business responsible and it is the businesses legal obligation to resolve the issue. If the business believes that the damage has been caused by the logistics partner (i.e. all damaged caused in transit)it is up to the business to resolve this with the carrier seperately - it should not affect any resolution with the customer.
    Increase your warehouse efficiency. Worldwide application: www.sanvean.co.uk

Regarding the refunds it just depend on what's the payment terms you have confirmed with your supplier,if the CIF terms,with no doubt,the supplier should provide you the refunds,but if the EXW,FOB or other terms define the responsible of the cargos damage occured before abroad,then the supplier has no obligation to take the refunds for you.
    But if there were some Protection measures for the cargo transportation,the damage maybe won't happen,so friend you can just see some packaging solutions on line,to protect your cargos,such as put set dunnage air bag,lashing belt,air cushion and etc.

Hope my suggestion can help you totally.

It all depends on where the damage happens in the chain of custody. For businesses a damaged consignment (like a raw material) can mean a negative downstream impact (such as disruption in production schedules). Also, to improve insurance claims, it helps pinpoint where it happened and who (the shipper or the transporter) was responsible. Here is a real-time package-level visibility service that helps identify damage