Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are you scared of competition?

Default Re: Are you scared of competition?

I wouldn't go as far as being scared, and i think it's definitely a negative attitude to have since it will affect your work and focus, but i pay more attention in order to stay ahead.

Member Plus

Our group's main flagship business is outdoor advertising which is quite competitive. There's no reason to be scared of the competition though. We just have to actively work to find the best advertising spots to offer our clients and to be innovative in our product offerings as well as marketing. In some cases, we would even collaborate with a competitor to win in a bidding war for a site. We are not the top company in this field but we do have some of the most attractive site inventories in our country. Our focus had always been on delivering the best quality service to clients.

I would rather think that snooping on competitors or worrying about them or even keeping a constant watch on their activities will only divert your focus. You would only forget about what is good for your own business and your customers. So, I suggest concentrate your mind on what is good for you and spend it thinking about your customers. Unhealthy competition is no good for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1 View Post
    I would rather think that snooping on competitors or worrying about them or even keeping a constant watch on their activities will only divert your focus. You would only forget about what is good for your own business and your customers. So, I suggest concentrate your mind on what is good for you and spend it thinking about your customers. Unhealthy competition is no good for anyone.
    You make a lot of good points, and i agree with you on most of them, since focusing too much on other business will only hurt yours and keep your mind occupied for no reason.

Well like animals, businesses are in the struggle for survival, and I believe that at the current dynamics of day to day life, then only the fittest can survive. One thing one can do to ensure that they stay ahead of the competition, is providing excellent customer service. Excellent customer service plays a huge role in the existence of a business. Statistics show, that when people receive good service, the tell averagely 10 people, but when they receive bad service, they tell an upwards of 20 people. Therefore I believe it is very important to create customer loyalty, no matter how much they spend on you because, after all, they are the reason you are in business.

Yes, I am scared of competition. Who wouldn't be? This means that your target market is divided into half. Or you are no longer the main guy of the company because there is a new kid on the block.

I am afraid of them, but I know, I need to face my fear. I need to face the truth that I am not the only employee that may have the knowledge and the skills needed by the company.

Great thoughts. I cannot answer whether I am afraid of the competition or not. Maybe it's because I did not have to deal with it ...
    I am fond of traveling and once, when I was waiting my train, I came across an amazing article about online learning that I was very interested in. The author of the master of her case, as she has opened this topic completely. If you also admire studying new information I advise you to read this article

I think to be afraid is normal because we dont want to loose but when a competitor tries to copy you it is beacause you made something interesting but you have to be the best