Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can someone be scammed when outsourcing?

Default Can someone be scammed when outsourcing?

This might be a tricky question since most of us have never heard of it. When obtaining goods from a foreign supplier, do you ever take precautions before formalizing the deal? For the few who have had a bad experience when it came to outsourcing, how did you solve it?

I would like to know if it is possible for a foreign supplier to defy the rules and take advantage of a local buyer or if such things never happen.

Diamond Member

Default Re: Can someone be scammed when outsourcing?

These days I have just come to assume and accept that you can be scammed anywhere at anytime and by anybody. It is probably not a great way to live always being skeptical, but it is just how I am as I get older.

All we need to do is just to be careful when we have dealings with other people no matter the situation at hand. Scamming while one is doing outsourcing of a work is real and can happen to anyone. But if we can try to put some security checks in place such as knowing someone that knows the person you're doing business with can come handy in such situations, so that when things go sour, you know how to handle it.

I have seen people being scammed even by their loved ones, so scamming has gone deep to a level you can only pray to be safe from having such issues.

Importing goods is just like purchasing products locally. You have to be discerning with the supplier. When my cousin was importing products from China, he would first to for a factory visit so he would meet the Chinese bosses. That way, he also gets to learn the style of manufacturing and marketing of the supplier. More likely, he would know if there are shenanigans in the dealings because meeting a supplier face to face is much different than a simple online transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by rz3300 View Post
    These days I have just come to assume and accept that you can be scammed anywhere at anytime and by anybody. It is probably not a great way to live always being skeptical, but it is just how I am as I get older.
    I agree that it might not be the best mentality or concept of living but what's the point of trying, since you're most likely to get scammed either way no matter how hard you try

I think it's definitely possible to get scammed during the outsourcing. Be it from the buyer side or the seller side. You can see that often buyer wants things on low cost. And then they make the things have revisions all over. That's how they are going to be adding their share of the issues too. I personally think that outsourcing takes lot of efforts and investment. And for this to properly work one has to work hard. Otherwise it's going to be really hard to pull up such company. And from there onwards it just becomes harder.

Member Plus

If you outsource from foreign countries, it is very likely that you might be scammed. When you are outsourcing locally and you are scammed, this will not be a problem because you have law to deal with this scammer. However, if you do business internationally, once scammerd, it is quite impossible to get refund or book the scammer. There is a popular story in my country. Once the government was trying to buy an aircraft from a foreign buyer. later, it was discovered that the person who recived money and was supposed to send the aircraft did not have real identity. The government was scammed.

I can't imagine that this type of business can be a scam. There are lots of things to do to start a business, and it is not cheap to invest a business to a different location. Especially in a different country. If this would happen, the government is to blame. Why? they issued a business permit.

Quote Originally Posted by skysnap View Post
    I think it's definitely possible to get scammed during the outsourcing. Be it from the buyer side or the seller side. You can see that often buyer wants things on low cost. And then they make the things have revisions all over. That's how they are going to be adding their share of the issues too. I personally think that outsourcing takes lot of efforts and investment. And for this to properly work one has to work hard. Otherwise it's going to be really hard to pull up such company. And from there onwards it just becomes harder.
    Not only is it possible but the chance of being scammed these days has significantly increased, but there are a few measures to take in order to avoid such situations and protect your business.

I'd do a lot of research into any company where I'm doing outsourcing. I mean, yeah, of course, people can get scammed, so does anyone know of good websites where outsourcing companies are reviewed? I'm assuming there is some Angie's List type site out there.