Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Insurance in commodity transportation

Default Insurance in commodity transportation

It's quite a pity that most people or businessmen doesn't take goods transport insurance seriously until they are on the losing end. Although it cost a little bit to have one's products and commodities insured during transportation, such cost won't be compared to what one would lose should accident occur while the goods are still on transit resulting to the destruction of those products.

A wise businessman should never joke with goods transportation insurance as he will be the one enjoying it if anything goes wrong. Some people simply just decide not to insure such goods, with the view that nothing would go wrong in transporting the products. It's a 50/50 gamble but it's not a wise decision from my point of view.

Default Re: Insurance in commodity transportation

From what I know, goods coming in to the warehouse are already insured. Importations come out of the pier with an insurance policy so that when something happens, the commodity in the truck is recovered in value. But I also understand that there are some trucking companies that save on the insurance expenses. Having no insurance on the commodity you are transporting is a big gamble.

Default Re: Insurance in commodity transportation

In addition, everything goes from products to any companies, that is already done by a transport insurance. Even sometimes in transport, there is always a risk of damage, regardless of how careful people are. That is why Embassy Freight offers us the option of taking out its annual transport insurance. Now, if you want to use its service, please confirm this in writing well before the goods are being transported.