Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Procuring from China

  1. #1
    Member Plus
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Nepal
    Posts
    54

    Default Procuring from China

    I am thinking to launch a front store and sell maternity wear. I have done research and discovered that there are no stores in the town that specializes in maternity wear. I think I can penetrate the market with maternity clothes. Since the town is populated with average income family, I will have to sell cheap priced goods. Chinese goods are relatively cheap. Have you procured from China. What's your view on Chinese products?

  2. #2
    Member Plus
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: Procuring from China

    I haven't done big business and get goods from China but most businesses in our place do this. For clothes, they get stocks from Hong Kong, China and Thailand, but majority of businesses here get their stocks from China. If you buy in bulk, you would get a ton of discounts but don't expect for top quality products.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Procuring from China

    Quote Originally Posted by working buck View Post
    I haven't done big business and get goods from China but most businesses in our place do this. For clothes, they get stocks from Hong Kong, China and Thailand, but majority of businesses here get their stocks from China. If you buy in bulk, you would get a ton of discounts but don't expect for top quality products.
    I agree, even though you will be able to get a large and a significant quantity of the desired items but the quality will definitely sub par and shouldn't expect anything special.

  4. #4
    Silver Member Alexandoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: Procuring from China

    I have a cousin who used to be the marketing manager of a footwear company. They previously had a factory but closed shop when they discovered that importing from China is more practical. But for the initial step, my cousin went to China several times to scout for good factories that manufacture footwear, i.e. shoes, sandals and slippers. After personally meeting the company executives of the factory, he had struck an agreement. What they do is to send the preferred design via email and the factory would come up with a prototype. Once approved, the importer would remit a downpayment and the mass production starts. I hope this helps.

  5. #5
    Member Plus
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Nepal
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: Procuring from China

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    I have a cousin who used to be the marketing manager of a footwear company. They previously had a factory but closed shop when they discovered that importing from China is more practical. But for the initial step, my cousin went to China several times to scout for good factories that manufacture footwear, i.e. shoes, sandals and slippers. After personally meeting the company executives of the factory, he had struck an agreement. What they do is to send the preferred design via email and the factory would come up with a prototype. Once approved, the importer would remit a downpayment and the mass production starts. I hope this helps.
    I also have a relative who imports from China. When he first imported, he did not receive quality goods. The Chinese company cheated him. However, he was still determined to do business with Chinese companies. When he was ready to importanrt again, he contacted a manufacturer and went to see his factory and wareshouse. When he was convinced, then he finalized the deal. The problem with me is I cannot visit China. Thank you for your relavent answer.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Procuring from China

    Quote Originally Posted by luri View Post
    I am thinking to launch a front store and sell maternity wear. I have done research and discovered that there are no stores in the town that specializes in maternity wear. I think I can penetrate the market with maternity clothes. Since the town is populated with average income family, I will have to sell cheap priced goods. Chinese goods are relatively cheap. Have you procured from China. What's your view on Chinese products?
    I suggest you add other related items like feeding bottles, baby clothes, toys etc in your store which are in as much demand as maternity clothes. I have recently noted that if you check the prices carefully compared to other countries the Chinese products are almost half the price and you don't have to compromise on quality as well. However, the further discounts and special rates depend solely on quantity so check requirement carefully before placing orders.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •