Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how about the order fulfillment?

Default Re: how about the order fulfillment?

Quote Originally Posted by 31Mayday View Post
    After reading, there is a small question that What is the abbreviation of S & OP? or what's meaning of it
    S&OP = Sales & Operations Planning - Its a process where the Sales team & Operations team (inclusive of supply chain) discuss and communicates their expectations and capabilities , in order to reach an agreement on sales demand expectations and operations deliverables. Typically, supply chain would lead the discussion in the S&OP process. A S&OP process is a critical component in most business models that involves an order fulfilment requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Charu Sharma View Post
    Hi... quantification of infrastructure means the evaluation of that area where inventories can be handled or stored.
    so it means the infrastructure of warehouse should be change with the quantification of goods, right?
    If there is not enough space to store the goods, it means we should try to expand the area. i think it's
    too much trouble for us. so I'd rather work with ChinaDivision which can help us to solve this problem. and it also provides free warehousing.if there is any order fulfillment from china.
    Do i understand this right?

so it means the infrastructure of warehouse should be change with the quantification of goods, right?
    If there is not enough space to store the goods, it means we should try to expand the area. i think it's
    too much trouble for us. so I'd rather work with ChinaDivision which can help us to solve this problem. and it also provides free warehousing.if there is any order fulfillment from china.
    Do i understand this right?
    In an ideal supply chain, large warehouses storing large volumes of products are unnecessary because products enter and exit the warehouse quickly and efficiently on their way to the service delivery point. The task before all supply chain practitioners is to determine how much storage space is truly necessary if operations are as efficient as possible.
    But if in case the number of goods increased then we have to manage somehow, its not about having space , its about optimizing space. It happens very often when we need to shift our goods to another warehouse.

In an ideal supply chain, large warehouses storing large volumes of products are unnecessary because products enter and exit the warehouse quickly and efficiently on their way to the service delivery point. The task before all supply chain practitioners is to determine how much storage space is truly necessary if operations are as efficient as possible.
    But if in case the number of goods increased then we have to manage somehow, it's not about having space, it's about optimizing space. It happens very often when we need to shift our goods to another warehouse.
    is the order fulfillment service part of the supply chain?

is the order fulfillment service part of the supply chain?
    yes, it is a part of supply chain.

Quote Originally Posted by HC Chew View Post
    S&OP = Sales & Operations Planning - It's a process where the Sales team & Operations team (inclusive of supply chain) discuss and communicates their expectations and capabilities , in order to reach an agreement on sales demand expectations and operations deliverables. Typically, supply chain would lead the discussion in the S&OP process. A S&OP process is a critical component in most business models that involves an order fulfilment requirement.
    Oh, it is the original meaning. Through your expression, I already know the S&OP.
    That is to say,Sales and operation is the most important part of the implementation of the order, right?

yes, it is a part of supply chain.
    So the question is coming, Can you probably tell me about the contents of the supply chain? thank you.

So the question is coming, Can you probably tell me about the contents of the supply chain? thank you.
    Supply chain management is a vast subject. There are so many things included in this like manufacturing, supplier, customer, warehousing, inventory management, demand forecasting, freight forwarding and so on. So, i would recommend , if you are really keen to study about supply chain, you may go through supply chain management books or you may study about the same on web portals of supply chain.

Supply chain management is a vast subject. There are so many things included in this like manufacturing, supplier, customer, warehousing, inventory management, demand forecasting, freight forwarding and so on. So, i would recommend , if you are really keen to study about supply chain, you may go through supply chain management books or you may study about the same on web portals of supply chain.

Would I also like to ask you,are there any good books and website recommended to me to learn it?

All things considered, arrange satisfaction is one the critical key to execute a fruitful store network business, it incorporates the way toward getting, preparing, and sending a client arrange. The primary parts, which ought to be considered for arrange satisfaction are measurement of foundation qualities, adjusting distribution center procedures inbound and outbound, mapping preparing times, measuring conveyance execution at different checkpoints.