Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Working on Christmas - Good or Bad Idea?

Default Re: Working on Christmas - Good or Bad Idea?

I have experienced working a couple of times on a holiday, even christmas. I can say it's a good experience since it's not everyday that you can double your earnings plus they give other perks like free meal and stuff. Besides I'm not that fond of holiday celebration including christmas. But New Year celebration is a different story. I like it spending with my family.

I work during Christmas and other religious holidays. I don't compromise on my job. The reason being I want to keep up with the work that I wish to do on many points. And that is what makes me work during the Christmas too. I think for each one of us things could be different too. Some want to celebrate the life with their family. And that should be more than enough to watch for things they want to do as well. I guess for all of us that needs to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by skysnap View Post
    I work during Christmas and other religious holidays. I don't compromise on my job. The reason being I want to keep up with the work that I wish to do on many points. And that is what makes me work during the Christmas too. I think for each one of us things could be different too. Some want to celebrate the life with their family. And that should be more than enough to watch for things they want to do as well. I guess for all of us that needs to be seen.
    You are such a good employee and I would probably wish to hire you if there is a chance. Over here, holidays means holidays where workers are on leave so they could join the celebration. But one of the perks of working on a holiday is the extra pay. During Christmas and New Year, the daily pay is double so those in the labor force, the lowly ones I mean, are aching to work during those holidays.

Working on Christmas has it's pros and cons. The cons include I get to spend time with my friends and family. I will have a nice relaxing time having great amounts of food and watching lots of TV. The pros include that I will get appreciated from my boss for working hard, getting paid more overtime and missing the crowded buses and trains.

We can also ask the question for holidays. Although I know it's not easy to work during the Christmas holidays, there are some trades that are needed all the time such as hospital services.