Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Social Media, Cell Phones, Internet at Work

Member Plus

Default Re: Social Media, Cell Phones, Internet at Work

I don't think prohibiting use is the solution (this would be the opposite way to solve the problem), but... Controlling their use, yes. Unfortunately, many employees are irresponsible in this regard and need explicit rules on this.

I'm not against using them, but I prefer internal communications systems to avoid these potential problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine_Spirit View Post
    I don't think prohibiting use is the solution (this would be the opposite way to solve the problem), but... Controlling their use, yes. Unfortunately, many employees are irresponsible in this regard and need explicit rules on this.

I'm not against using them, but I prefer internal communications systems to avoid these potential problems.
    I have seen how employees would be using their phones secretly when the boss is not around. Take note that some people or should I say most people are under the spell of the cellphone whether for texting, call or internet use. I know of some people who post on Facebook once in a while during their working hours. That said, I believe that a stiffer penalty for violating the prohibition will certainely discourage the use of phones during working hours.

It is important to have internet to work, however you have to put security on computers to prevent employees from going to certain sites

surfing on the internet for personal use during working hours should be prohibed