Supply Chain Leaders Insights
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trump will affect importation of US

Default Trump will affect importation of US

As per the body language of Donald Trump, US will be back to the good old days of having the production in their territory. If that happens, it will definitely boost the US economy. However, importers will have to do a paradigm shift since importation will be discouraged. But what about countries depending on exporting products to America?

Bronze Member

Default Re: Trump will affect importation of US

I really don't know if that will happen or not @Alexandoy because Trump looks really conservative, but we cannot forget he is fantastic business man. So he can sat those things to gain leverage in future negotiations, it's something only time can tell.

Diamond Member

This is going to be a very interesting couple of years here. I am not sure what to expect, probably just like everyone else. I like to be hopeful though and give everyone a chance, and man I have my fingers crossed big time on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    importers will have to do a paradigm shift since importation will be discouraged. But what about countries depending on exporting products to America?
    Not all importers will have major changes, perhaps only those importing finished goods.
    US industry is still going to have to import many of the components used, eg electronic components, control systems etc that have either never been produced in the US or the capability has been lost.
    I predict the resurgence of CKD - completely knocked down goods, where the bulk of the sub assemblies are manufactured elsewhere and assembled in the US,
    Or partially knocked down, where major components are imported and assembled using US steel or plastic.

For sure, everyone is sitting in limbo right now, waiting to see what is going to happen, and the sensible ones are willing to give the new way of working a go for a while to see how it works out.

"trump years" will not only affect US importation...