Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What would you not outsource?

Member Plus

Default What would you not outsource?

I have to ask, how much of your company are you comfortable outsourcing? Outsourcing requires a degree of trust, but if your outsourced HR changes down the damage is limited. If you outsource your supply chain and delivery and the relationship breaks down, the former outsourcer may walk off with your customer list and go to a competitor. What parts of a company would you never outsource?

Diamond Member

Default Re: What would you not outsource?

This reminds me of a professor that I had once, and he was always saying that anything that he cannot swallow seeing outsourced is just something he would prefer not to see. There was no science behind it, but just his feelings, and things like child welfare and social services were often in that category.

Bronze Member

I think very sensitive aspect of a business to me shouldn't be outsourced. For example if I am a proprietor of a company I wouldn't like to outsource the accounting department out going by nature of the roles. I consider this a very crucial and sensitive department, in charge of controlling company finances, in establishments.

I really cannot say what personnel is not advisable to outsource because I have seen big companies getting executives from outsourcing companies. The term they use is consultant. And those outsourced consultants join in the policy-making meetings of the board. So maybe that is an indication that outsourcing is getting universal because from the lowly laborer up to the executive level, outsourcing is now the name of the game.

Bronze Member

Consultant is a nice choice of word for someone who doesn't belong to the company, but has access to critical information. Even in these cases confidentiality contracts are signed and everything is done with the maximum discretion.

Member Plus

Being a telecom employee I think almost all departments in our organisation are outsourced and a few of them are still in the process of outsourcing. But there are many departments that need to be handled carefully while outsourcing like customer sensitive or other departments. But I think nowadays companies are ready to outsource any department as a measure to boost profit within a short period of time. They do this on the basis of a written contract between the company and the outsourcing agency but sometime the ultimate sufferer would be the end customer.