Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Buying products directly from Farmers

Default Re: Buying products directly from Farmers

I live in an urban area and every week I can buy fresh vegetables and fruits directly from the farmers nearby but the pricing is quite different. They are a little expensive but they are selling them for their livelihood and family so why bargain to them. So I don't think paying a little extra money for fresh food is a bad thing.

Member Plus

Although I find that idea something that everyone should do (considering their niche and the scale with which you'll need the products, obviously), because it's something extremely healthier than industrialized products... The reality of prices related to such transactions aren't cheap as you might imagine.

Diamond Member

I think the closest that you might fight here in some sort of farmer's market, but even those seem a little washed down through several channels, at least they are here. I wish it were more practical, but these days to have a sustainable farm you need to go big.

Quote Originally Posted by harijobs View Post
    I live in an urban area and every week I can buy fresh vegetables and fruits directly from the farmers nearby but the pricing is quite different. They are a little expensive but they are selling them for their livelihood and family so why bargain to them. So I don't think paying a little extra money for fresh food is a bad thing.
    I agree, the opportunity and the chance to buy items whether be it vegetables or fruits directly from the source insures quality and helps grow the local community.

The middleman are there not because they want to have a bigger chunks of the earnings. They earn big because they do lots of the trading work, contacting the sellers and the buyers. The buyers choose these traders because they thinks it's a lot easier working with them and that they cannot just depend on a single farmer. And if they deal personally with farmers, it means they would have to contact more since you can't be sure if products will always be available. Unlike if you are working with a middleman, you are worry free since all the works like contacting and looking for products will be shoulder by them.

Quote Originally Posted by rz3300 View Post
    I think the closest that you might fight here in some sort of farmer's market, but even those seem a little washed down through several channels, at least they are here. I wish it were more practical, but these days to have a sustainable farm you need to go big.
    Unfortunately that's the case, small and medium farms are definitely having a lot of issues and problems in order to stay relevant and grow their business and products.

Despite the fact that I live in a urban zone, not far away we approach a ton of ranch shops where we can purchase our eggs, cheddar and drain, products of the soil straightforwardly from the agriculturists yet they are exceptionally costly. I'm certain we are generally very much aware that they are better for you, however in the event that individuals are attempting to purchase sustenance from a market, there's surely no chance that they will have the capacity to manage the cost of the natural things rather with the goal that at that point puts significantly more weight on the agriculturists.

In a perfect world I'm certain that we would all affection to purchase natural or develop our own particular sustenances, yet truly it's just unrealistic or reasonable.