Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Health issues of outsourced call center agents

Bronze Member

Default Re: Health issues of outsourced call center agents

Quote Originally Posted by djchain View Post
    Well, if you change the working hours for call center employees frequently, then their health will definitely suffer. However, if a call center keeps an employee on only set working hours, chances are that they won't get sick unless they catch something. So, the key is to keep the working hours consistent. The human body clock is not meant to change hours every week.
    I quite agree health issues are most likely to arise if the shift of the call workers are changed too often. The body begin to change adaptation too often and that can upset the general health of the individual. Our body once used to a particular life plan should be allowed to keep that for months before any change the body needs time to adapt.

I know of so many people working in call centers. One thing I notice in them is their smoking. Mist if them are chain smokers and some even learned smoking when they became call center agents. The health issue may be related to that smoking habit since it us not good to smoke when you are tired sleepy. They say that smoking relieves them of stress. I understand that the job of a call center agent is very stressful. But smoking can negatively affect their physical well-being.

Member Plus

I guess there is no right or wrong answers here. If you are working in a call center all you need is to adjust well to the environment- Eat nutritious food, take vitamins and most importantly take enough sleep.

Bronze Member

Working through out the night is dangerous to the health of the individual. This negative development in most cases mean the call center agent isn't having adequate sleep.If the trend of work continues for years I am afraid this may cause serious health problems especially for the advanced adults. If one must work at night then make sure to have enough sleep at least seven or eight hours of uninterrupted sleep during the day. I guess this can help health wise.

Member Plus

Human body is not nocturnal in nature. Humans are supposed to work during the day and sleep at night. However, in the modern world, not everyone gets a day time job, there are millions of people who work at night. Efficiency of night time worker is always lesser than those who work during the day. If there is a compulsion to work at the night, human body can slowly adapt to the working condition. However, if the shift is changed too often, body will find hard to adapt, which poses health risks.

I worked for a year in an outsourced company and the amount of stress is most likely the cause of sickness (I didn't get sick a lot, but when I did, it was bad). I took all my sick leaves in one sprout of a bad cured flu which turned into full asthma attacks due to stress. Apart from that, not getting your nightly hours of sleep can also affect health greatly