Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fitness program

Default Fitness program

In some companies, particularly the labor intensive companies, have their physical fitness program. They do some calisthenics before the start of the working hour. I saw this in one construction company doing their physical fitness right in front of the building they are working on. Another I know is a big factory with the same program for exercising in the morning. I think this is a good activity to be adapted by companies for the benefit of their workers.

Bronze Member

Default Re: Fitness program

I think it's a great bonus to your contract, especially if the gym you're gonna attend is decent. I'd definitely take that opportunity to maintain a great shape.

A lot of jobs, such as teaching or fast food, require you to be on your feet all day. However, if you're physically in shape then it's normally easier to take on the challenge. Therefore, a gym membership would provide a boost to productivity and morale in most cases. Of course, some professions, like teaching, are noted for encouraging coffee drinking to boost the mood. However, I think the boost is still inferior to what you get in a good workout.

Bronze Member

It's not just the labor intensive companies alone that need fitness exercise. The security sector, the military and paramilitary officers do also go for fitness program periodically. They need be physically fit all the time going by the sensitive nature of their jobs. I know of a security officer who before taking over duty must do some physical exercises, not just him alone with the group, and parade to be fit for the day's work.

Member Plus

It is rightly said that a healthy mind can only reside in a healthy body. So healthy manpower is a must for a successful organisation. I think most of the coporates now have inbuilt gyms for their employees. They also tie up with major hospitals to do free health checkup for employees.

Some offices even have special rooms called "tension busters" where employees can go and do things to kill stress. I think this is very much required in today's working culture, especially in private organisations. Employees are usually loaded with unrealistic targets and they struggle to achieve it through out the day.

Diamond Member

I have only really had one organization that had something like this, and looking back on it I was a bit foolish not to take advantage of it hardly at all. It was pretty good and really saved you big if you were a gym person. I am not, but I still could have used it.

I don't think companies should provide compulsory fitness programs. Note, people are able to get gym memberships pretty cheap now. In fact, they're often around 30 USD in the US and you can pay by the month. However, though, if a company can provide a free voluntary program or one that is less than 20 USD, then that might be bargain.

Oh, by the way, if the optional company fitness program is more convenient for workers - as far as travel is concerned, that might be another advantage.

A man can't enjoy a healthy and prosperous life without being fit.He should always have to do exercise to maintain his body fitness.If a person has not a fit body then he can't enjoy a happy life.Many diseases may catch him just in a few years or months.Therefore, one should always do exercise before starting any kind of work.

I think the practice of companies doing some calisthenics before working hour is really good because in as much as it helps one to be physically fit, it also makes the mind to be alert.

Member Plus

In my country, this is more common in multinational or foreign-owned factories. I once applied for an accounting manager position at a Japanese-owned firm that manufactures parts for hard disk. The official working time was 8:00 to 5:00 but the company requires the employees to be at the company premises by 7:15 to take part in a calisthenics program that lasts for 30 minutes. This didn't suit me well because I don't want to sweat off before going to work! I was selected but I had to beg off. Working at technological parks is a totally different culture from working at urban offices. I would prefer a gym program that employees can participate in at flexible hours.