Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Age limit of workers

Bronze Member

Default Re: Age limit of workers

The inferior limit is pretty common worldwide and it's 18, but the superior limit is highly flexible. In Portugal, just recently the retirement age has been gradually increased, and it's not around 66 years old I believe. Just a few years ago it was 64 or so, it's been increasing a couple of months per year, according to the government economic needs...

Diamond Member

That is a good point to bring up the difference between the private and public sectors. When you think about what they value, things like innovation and stability might lead to different types of people to attract.

Bronze Member

The thing with public sectors is that companies in that area are required to follow strict laws, while in the private sector it's more flexible and they have other level of autonomy. Even so I feel older people should have equal chances. What will they do if they lose a job, be unemployed until retirement age?

Bronze Member

In my location and I do think same applies to many other countries, the employable age start from 18. This means that once an individual has attained this age and has the necessary qualification he or she is of age to be employed legally. The maximum age is 45, at this age and above the individual is considered too old for a public office.

In my country, the retirement age of Government Employee is 60 years.I think so that this age is enough for every person to work properly without any headache or other diseases.Every person should give him mental and physical rest after the age of 60 to spend his life in a peaceful environment.

Member Plus

Considering their own will to work, as well as their respective physical limitations... I don't think there is a right age for this. Particularly speaking, I couldn't set an age limit for this (and in a way, that sounds unfair to me... after all, age is just a silly number ).

In my opinion, you can work before age 18 if you go on small missions like being extra. some people are retired at the legal level but continue working at home to make some money