Supply Chain Leaders Insights
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Latest outsourcing trends

Bronze Member

Default Latest outsourcing trends

There have already been quite an amount of outsourcing, but I still think the industry is its prime growth phase. I can still see many inefficient aspects in processes and companies still not focused enough on their core vocation. In particular, this is the case with business processes (aka paperwork) and anything that it is related to the handling of information and communication in general. Another area where I see simply a lot of waste, is banking and finance in general, which happens to have some of the least efficient processes, and intentionally so, so don't wonder why you have to pay 4.95% fee on every little penny transaction.

The next big move I see is the outsourcing of payment processing, which is easier said than done because everyone just likes to cling to their state-issued licence in this tremendously regulated sector, but I definitely see a need for payment intermediaries; i.e. a seller is really focused on his trade not on filling tax forms, making payment options available wasting hours/days/weeks/months on trying to figure out how to comply with every little regulatory requirement (Hello OFAC/Patriot Act/KYC, thank you for making international 20$ transactions a nightmare). This bureaucratic aspect, can really be handled by an intermediary and you and your client should only worry about making/receiving payment in the simplest, most seamless way possible.

So what do you think, what are the latest trends, possible future paths of growth/development for outsourcing?

Default Re: Latest outsourcing trends

Pardon me if this is already outdated but I'm surprised to find outsourcing agents that process job applications via online. The application form is in their website and an applicant just needs to fill up that form and click submit. And then he gets an email regarding his application within a day or 2. If he failed, sorry, but if he passed the requirements, then he would be scheduled for a phone interview. That way, the applicant's time is not consumed too much. By the way, depending on the type of industry the applicant is connected, there is a short written exam that comes after the application form. In short, the application process is almost entirely online.

Platinum Member

Customer service in general is an "outsourceable" - for lack of a better term - department. The thing is not all industries are outsourcing their customer service to other countries for fear of getting underquality output. Other backoffice jobs finding their way into the industry are accounting, IT, data entry, surveys, research and human resource. Payments processing is already covered, sometimes by an outsourced CS department.

Diamond Member

I believe that the processes for job outsourcing is far advanced there are many entities who have set up themselves to be agents in this sector and they have in place the requisite application process along with tests to suit the various job profiles. the business of outsourcing is an ever increasing venture and it has attracted may entities who have been offering broker services for this type of activity.

Member Plus

I think in telecom or IT fields outsourcing has already been completed across all divisions like HR, installation, fault repair, customer service etc. In our company HR related works are outsourced as Employee Shared Services and technical division is taking care of by a renowned MNC. In technical department the contract is based on revenue sharing. I think this is mutually beneficial for both the parties as they take ownership of the company's growth.

But I am quite skeptical about the outsourcing activities being carried out in Banking sector. Even public sector banks started giving customers details to private companies as a part of outsourcing deal. There were a number of incidents when contract employees use this data for their own financial benefit like compromising dead accounts.

Member Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kumud View Post
    Yes optimistic you are saying correct, There are many public sector undertakings that have responded to the changes brought about in the Industrial sector of India by the government.
    some here are many finance related problems and research.
    In human resource outsourcing is not too far.
    I got some important and useful information about it from these page https://justpaste.it/12a08

In our company HR is a division where a large scale outsourcing happened. Manpower was cut down to one third or less and a lot of employees were thrown out of job by giving two month's notice or money in lieu there of. But it was quite beneficial for the company as the next quarterly financial performance was beyond expectations.

Earlier we used to have 15-20 employees in each regional location in HR. But post outsourcing initially there were only 4-5 employees in each location to supervise HR activities. Nowadays we are planning to have only one HR executive reporting to a HR head at functional level!

I guess outsourcing is here to stay. One legislator here said that outsourcing is anti-worker since the oursourced worker are somehow deprived of benefits (the outsourcing agency earns from their contracts with the principal, right?). But the trend all over the world is for businesses to be robotical and less personal like in the olden days when business owners were after the welfare of their employees. I find businesses now to be real business with the workers in the lower priority list. Again, outsourcing is here to stay.

Outsourcing will definitely be here to stay and it will remain for the brief 'long run' of things, as they say. People have always sought ways to save on money and costs as a whole. With suppliers, outsourcers, and employers, this principle is no different. They will look for each and every single possibility within each space, nook and cranny. They will not rest until they have outsourced either someone or something in the business.

Outsourcing trends in 2018:
    Cloud Computing
    Information and Data Security is Still Remains on Top
    Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation
    Spanish dictionary
    Wider Use of Cloud Technology