Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Regular warehouse maintenance

Default Regular warehouse maintenance

A warehouse, regardless of what type, is like a home that would be needing repairs as time goes by. But aside from the structural repairs like electrical connections and wiring, water piping, cracked concrete and painting, there is also the maintenance for the furnishings and equipment. What happens when the forklift is not operating properly or if there are light bulbs not working? As the saying goes, a worker works well in a good environment. How many dilapidated warehouse have I seen? Oh, a lot. How about your warehouse, do you have a clear schedule of the needed maintenance?

Default Re: Regular warehouse maintenance

I do not really have a warehouse, but I know people who definitely have, however, they have their own mechanics so they can call them whenever they're needed, they also have many contacts they can give a call just in case they need anything, they also have cleaning personnel for all the cleaning works in the warehouse, it's important to keep a clean enviroment for the workers, of course, that kind of things are really important to keep everything working well in the warehouse.

Bronze Member

When something is neglected in a warehouse or any other kind of facility. You can certainly bet something is failing within the company maintenance execution or planning, which It can also delivers a bad impression towards your customer, who could deem the neglect as a sign of incompetence. As a manager I know said "You have to take care of your business as your own body, you don't feel you have cleaned all your body by just wiping your butt, do you?".

Quote Originally Posted by Casiox View Post
    I do not really have a warehouse, but I know people who definitely have, however, they have their own mechanics so they can call them whenever they're needed, they also have many contacts they can give a call just in case they need anything, they also have cleaning personnel for all the cleaning works in the warehouse, it's important to keep a clean enviroment for the workers, of course, that kind of things are really important to keep everything working well in the warehouse.
    Same. Any warehouse I've worked in has generally had to rely on outside workers for the really big repairs; stuff like forklift breakdowns, mechanical failures, and the like. Our staff tends to focus more on the job at hand, and if they can fix something they come across, cool, but 9 times out of 10 we'd have to call the dealer we bought the forklifts from or whatever to get those things looked at.

The places that I have been employed at generally rely on outside labor to fix any maintenance issues. If the building is leased general repair usually falls back onto the building owner. We have contracts for all the equipment we use. These are generally provided at the time of sale. Unless you have a dedicated mechanic and maintenance team you should make sure you have reliable outside companies that can provide this work. It is also important to make sure these companies are bonded and insured in case something happens to a worker or merchandise. It is best that the whatever cost is associated with that does not fall back on you especially if it is not your fault.

Platinum Member

Different companies have different maintenance practices. My previous companies had monthly and quarterly quality checks - tiles, condition of the products, ceiling and the like. The QA officer also checks for leaks and other areas of concern, jots down notes and sends a report to the higher-ups.

Diamond Member

We run a small retail shop so r warehouse is actually only a garage which I suppose functions in a similar way. We do maintain it in terms of redecorating and refurbishing it as we have just recently and now it's much better to browse in and the organization is much better and also we are a lot more confident that our luxury items are in a safe place with the right temperature where they won't age or get damaged because of climate conditions.

Diamond Member

Every warehouse complex should have a maintenance plan and schedule in place. Equipment failure could result in loss of business, therefore, there should be a quick response capability to seek to ensure a continuous operational flow. Electrical malfuntions could result in fires which could cause extensive damage to the goods and the plant, therefore, there should be regular checks to seek to avoid this problem. These are some of the mishaps which could be encountered but there are other areas which would have to be checked and monitored on a scheduled basis according to the type of operation and a plan should be formulated to mitigate any problems that may arise.

Thanks for sharing nice and very important topic here, while in supply chain management its a very important to maintain warehouse time-to-time. Because every time the good stored and moved from it. while this time period it very important to maintain warehouse and safe from any unexpected business loss.