59 Things - Supply Chain Worksop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Business Planning Method

Diamond Member

Default Re: The Business Planning Method

One of the least used plans is the plan to be flexible, and I do think that a lot of business owners are too rigid in how they run a business. Everyone's situation is different of course, but if you start off with a plan and stick to it even though you can quite clearly see it's not working, that doesn't make you a fighter that sticks to your guns, that makes a you a person that can't adapt and adjust and for me it questions if you have the right qualities to run a business at all.

When we all first start out we will be to nervous to change things but as the time goes on, we soon realising that by not changing things then it's that what can cost us the most in life as well as not just when it comes to owning and running a business.

2. Likes gracer liked this post
    Platinum Member

I agree a whole lot with the flexibility thing. I think that this is one of the most important things a business owner needs, especially while running his/her business. There are many changes and uncontrollable factors along the way that being flexible will surely be a great advantage. A business owner has to learn how to adjust to factors he/she can't control in order for him/her to effectively run his/her business despite a lot of changes.

4. Likes pwarbi liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by gracer View Post
    I agree a whole lot with the flexibility thing. I think that this is one of the most important things a business owner needs, especially while running his/her business. There are many changes and uncontrollable factors along the way that being flexible will surely be a great advantage. A business owner has to learn how to adjust to factors he/she can't control in order for him/her to effectively run his/her business despite a lot of changes.
    Easier said than done, flexibility of the business would largely depend on the business. This is one disadvantage of contractors of government projects because their business plan is fully tied up with what their contact had stipulated. The only flexibility that the business can do is in stocking on supplies and materials. Take the case of a rice supplier of the government's rice control program, they seem to have no leverage or leeway in terms of prices because it has been fixed according to the contract. So what happens if the market prices dictates an increase? The business could suffer but still they cannot do anything except to request for a repricing which is usually difficult to get.

In light of my experience, the main thing in our arrangement was the market prospects. On the off chance that there is no imminent market at that point it's bad to set up the business. Second is the wellspring of supply, not exactly where to purchase the provisions but rather a decent wellspring of provisions. I'd say that those 2 components are the most essential with regards to the business. Whatever is left of the rundown can contain, b) the business atmosphere like a country zone isn't helpful for setting up a PC store, b) peace and request, c) and some different components in the arranging like capital, government controls, and so on. Having a decent arrangement can send you off to a decent begin since it does not regard grab in working the business.

Having the capacity to comprehend what will cost what, and furthermore realizing what will influence the business when you begin it up. you may choose to begin a business some place and there is as of now a law that has been passed where the business assessment will increment 10%. In the event that you figure those things, you can basically figure out what your commitments from the begin.

I feel like many individuals begin their organizations, and after that they simply find out about those things later, and afterward endeavor to manage them when the business is in its basic stages. That is bad for business. You have to know everything that will shield your business from breaking into progress when you begin it.

I also recommend to listen some lectures, for example like this

Hi,
    if you want to grow your business in next level, you should promote your business in online or offline. recently i saw some of the companies are promoting here business in plastic carry bags, garbage bags, bio degradable, packing bags etc.. because without plastic bags we cant survive. recently i also promote by business in bags with help of SuperPlast

Member Plus

for a starting company (entrepreneurs view)
    how big the opportunity is (market)
    how much capital do you need (financial capacity)
    how to operate will follow(operation)
    the rest will follow
    START: the effort is very high but the income is very low
    SEMI MATURE/MATURE: effort is low but the income is high

Based on my experience one of the first step in the creating new business is naming. You can make an ideal business plan, but lose because company's name or logo are not associated with your product or with quality. Of course at first you should chose a niche, calculate start spending. But you shouldn't forget about creating and promotion brand, what about creating it depend on kind of your business, region e.t.c. About promotion you own brand I can recommend you to make branded production like visit card, souvenir production for presents or something similar. This way helps you create a business which people will know.

Based on my experience one of the first step in the creating new business is naming. You can make an ideal business plan, but lose because company's name or logo are not associated with your product or with quality. Of course at first you should chose a niche, calculate start spending. But you shouldn't forget about creating and promotion brand, what about creating it depend on kind of your business, region e.t.c. About promotion you own brand I can recommend you to make branded production http://www.conceptplus.ca/ like visit card, souvenir production for presents or something similar. This way helps you create a business which people will know.