Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Importing for china!

Member Plus

Default Importing for china!

We regularly import from china and among the various couriers which we use, DHL is actually the cheapest one.

However, recently we have been having issues with importing electronics from china and watches in particular, so I just wanted to ask, are there any other who import watches or any other electronics from china? Can you please shed some light on the best couriers and the cost?

Aramex has offered to accept those but at 24.5$ per kg of watches. Anyone has experience with other couriers?

Default Re: Importing for china!

My cousin who used to import footwear from China also surveys for a cheaper carrier. But I'm sorry because I don't know their courier. From what I understand, they have a shipper - this is a brokerage company who handles the shipping by boat. For watches, it is more expensive because the carrier also has to pay a tax on their cargo aside from the tax on the shipper. And for expensive items, there is an additional cost on the insurance hence the courier expense is greater than shipping cheaper items.

Platinum Member

Well the company that I am with now really does not do much with China, or even at all now that I think about it, but the company I come from sure did and I can think of positive and negatives when it comes to the overall satisfaction with the shipping and costs related to it. I know that much of time even with inflated shipping rates it was still saving significant amounts of money to ship from China, and I am pretty sure that this is case for a lot companies out there. It just really shows you the global nature of our economies now.

Platinum Member

I have never imported from China but I did manage to book the services of a few international couriers, thank to the Internet. Try to visit Parcel2Go, Parcel Hero, UC Express, TNT, UPS, FedEx (though rates could be higher for this one) and other international couriers you encounter online. Compare their prices and services and see which courier suits your needs best.

i work in a theme park management in Indonesia, and we often import part and new ride from china. The good thing is, you have a forwarder in china, so everytime you buy thing in alibaba or other, just told them to deliver to the forwarder warehouse, and let the forwarder alone work with the export prosedure in china. but my experience is they shipping by a ship, large container. because u know, my item is theme park item, it's big. but my suggestion stands.

I have never imported from China but I did manage to book the services of a few international couriers

I have imported from China, but I have not imported watches or electronics. I have only imported clothing accessories. I have not never purchased in bulk from China, I order in a small quantity and until now the seller has always covered the shipping cost. The seller sends me my goods through China Post, I don't know how much he pays for the courier. When I am buying from China, most of the time I will look into Alibaba and try to find a seller who offers free shipping.