Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet Marketing

Platinum Member

Default Internet Marketing

Aside from TV and print ads, the Internet is also becoming a major area of promotion when it comes to products and services. A company could either create its own website and promote it in different areas such as social media, video blogs, written blogs, forums etc.

Other companies create unique video advertisements meant for video blogs while others utilize banner ads in high traffic blogs. Since the Internet is now a constant go-to place of many people worldwide, businesses are also innovating and taking advantage of this opportunity to promote and sell their products to the Internet savvy targets.

What are your thoughts and opinions of Internet marketing in contributing to product sales?

Platinum Member

Default Re: Internet Marketing

Internet Marketing is an industry that is going no where. It's here to stay, and I love it. The potential is unlimited, there is no internet marketing billionaires yet, but analyst have predicted that in the next few years, there will be.

Being able to launch a website for such a low cost, and be able to utilize ads, and other forms of monetize-able methods is amazing revolutionary. You could never invest something like a few hundred dollars in a brick and mortar business and end up a millionaire in a few years. The potential is huge, and I would recommend people who seek opportunity to look into the industry of internet marketing.

3. Likes gracer liked this post
    Member Plus

Personally I have started a business, only using social media and other forms of internet marketing and have been quite successful with it.

However, one advice which I would like to give to people who are starting out and using internet marketing, is that you should not be expecting quick results even though it is internet marketing.

That is why, it is important to have a proper blueprint and have the patience to implement it as well.

5. Likes gracer, s.deschamps liked this post
    Diamond Member

Well I would be shocked to hear of anyone or any company that does not utilize that internet to market their products or services these days, and if they are our there they are certainly missing out on some serious potential. I would be interested to see some numbers on the issue or a study that has been done, but I am guessing that internet marketing has bypassed all the other mediums in terms of most popular or most effective. Everything seems to be online now, so you should probably make sure that you have a good web presence if you want to catch on.

7. Likes gracer liked this post
    Diamond Member

I'm impressed by how far internet marketing has developed in the past decade. I think it has overtaken almost all other forms of marketing though for some reason it seems like the biggest companies still give a lot of value to the traditional means of advertising. I suppose it just depends on what products you are selling as some may sell a lot better to people who are online majority of the time whereas some will still get most of their information from billboards and commercials.

9. Likes gracer liked this post
    Platinum Member

I can see that we mostly share the same views with regards to internet marketing. I too see a lot of potential in it and I do see it growing more in the coming years as more people are becoming more inclined and focused on the internet. The traditional forms of advertising still do have their place though especially on people who rarely access the internet. After internet marketing, I'm now beginning to wonder what method would come next in the coming generations.

Diamond Member

I see great potential in internet marketing platform. It is a very effective and low cost means of promoting goods and services. This avenue mostly utilize social media the get the message out to the public. We should all realize the power of social media which is now being effectively manipulated by many world leaders to promote their ideals. There is problem with internet marketing, however, in that when it comes to making money through this venture only a small minority of persons are being able to make anything meaningful.

12. Likes gracer liked this post

My take on advertising is that it will veer towards the internet and in a few years, the internet will be the dominant venue of marketing. In fact, the newspaper has a dwindling market of advertisers since readership is moving towards the online version (of the same newspapers) that's why there is a paradigm shift when it comes to advertising. The social media is now the usual haunt of small businesses for promoting their products and services particularly so because it is free although there are paid ads in the social media. And if you happen to have a multitude of friends in your social media account, that would afford you a good way of exposing your business.... for free.

14. Likes gracer liked this post
    Platinum Member

I agree with what you said @Corzhens. Social media is now being vastly utilized in promoting or advertising a product. Every time I open my Facebook account, I always see advertisements and promotions. Some are even shared and re-posted by my circle of Facebook friends. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future, printed ads will become a thing of the past. Although the possibility is still thin at the moment because there are still a lot of people who do not access the internet on a regular basis but internet marketing in my opinion will surely stay for a long time.

Silver Member

Since many people are on the net every day and in future when almost everyone visits some site every day, internet marketing is going to be the one way you'll reach many of these people. Whether it is social media you use or maybe a blog you create, it's easier to get people to buy what you are selling. In fact you could even save some money because you'll be spending less money on ads if you are promoting your business yourself.

17. Likes gracer liked this post