Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are MBAs worth it?

Diamond Member

Default Re: Are MBAs worth it?

While I can see your point about MBA's being beneficial, none of my managers have them as I prefer to hire from within and let people work their way up to that level. In the past while I think a lot of businesses will look at qualifications when hiring an employee, these days with the amount of people that are out of work and the number of applicants you get for a new vacancy, other factors are considered as well and instead of what they have achieved academically.

Education is never a waste of time, but the days of having an MBA guaranteeing you a job or at least an interview are long over.

Member Plus

It's a competitive world out there and if you want to make the most of your career, an MBA is certainly an asset, at least in the hiring stage. I've held managerial positions in different companies with only my professional license and job experiences to back me up but the lack of MBA has kept me away from advancing to executive positions even in medium sized companies.

But then again, a lot would depend on how we measure success. For instance, my brother-in-law is working abroad and earns more than double the amount of my salary and higher than the salary and benefits of executives in the medium sized company I am connected with. He isn't even a college graduate! So yes, money-wise, he is more successful than our executives who got their MBAs from top private universities in my country. Position-wise, he's only a production supervisor who happened to be employed by a generous British-owned company in the Middle East.

Member Plus

MBA is like presenting you like a branded product. As you know branded products are more in demand and we are ready to pay more because of brand image. So I think an investment in MBA does worth it over long term. In any company when there is a case of promotion the management will consider experience and educational qualification as the prime qualities. If you are equipped with a good qualification luck will be in your favor.

Also if you are looking for your initial job, a MBA degree will help you get one without much effort. Even if your initial salary is low you can build up on that and with experience you can aim for higher prospects in your career. In our country some companies boast of their manpower strength in particular educational streams.

I should tell I found an awesome aticles with exceptionally fascinating information that really worth to read, my firend likewise need to join that best group for ever.