Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Lack of Education and Training

Diamond Member

Default Re: Lack of Education and Training

I imagine that it is frustrating and a bit of a skill form the HR perspective when it comes to trying to find the right fit. There are so many ways to be educated and things to know that it is more of a guessing game to some degree.

Even though, the lack of education and training can be partially blamed on the government, people should also take initiative and train themselves and become more aware0

Well, here in the Philippines, a college diploma is necessary to get most work. But even then, most college graduates here end up unemployed, which kills the point. Jobs that do not require a diploma pretty much give slave wage. The best way to live is still to try to finish college and then work. Even if you lack finances, please still try to work on college subjects bit by bit.

Quote Originally Posted by neural View Post
    I have found STEM (specially programming and computer science) job offers with insanely high requirements, my guess is that they are trying to disguise their insecurities, since I seriously doubt that most of the people in charge of these companies have that degree of qualifications either.
    That is a very interesting perspective, I have never thought about it that way. Most of these organisatons requesting for high requirements, what is the qualification of the management, including the founders? Do they have equal qualifications or even more? Or is it just a cover to cover their own inadequacies? While I understand the logic behind getting the best the market can offer, some of these requirements for an entry level position are just beyond ridiculous.

I think that is a worldwide problem with many people not having the technical expertise they need in order to succeed in a job. People may also lack some basic skills sometimes which make take a toll on them in their field of work or with their employers. These are just some of the problems with some of the employees these days.

As for me, I think that education and having hands on training is very important. However, in our country, education is free of charge and therefore most people possess this wonderful quality. This has resulted in the flooding of the market, which in turn has bred a new requirement. That is, how well connected are you? Nowadays, it is not hard to find someone who is very educated, tarmacking to look for a job, but someone who is less educated but has good connections getting the job.

What I think should be done, is that schools should liaise with companies, so that they may absorb some of their candidates upon completion of education. This way, most people will be motivated to work hard because they know that there is a vacancy waiting for them somewhere in the near future.

If a person is not qualified for a job, then they shouldn't be hired. I pay someone to do a job