Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: What Do You Look For In A Supplier?

Platinum Member

Default Re: What Do You Look For In A Supplier?

As a part response to some of the other threads recently I think that I look for those that can understand the newer customer and also be more flexible in their approach. Being able to change and adapt with the times is more and more important these days.

Bronze Member

A supplier should be trusted to always make available goods that meet the expected quality and standards. I prefer to deal with suppliers who go the extra mile to get products with prices that aren't going to be too expensive for the customers, the supplier should be a person that is timely in making products available. It's a known fact that customers want to get served as fast as possible. I'd go suppliers that can deliver my goods in good time.

For me, a standout amongst the most vital things is the means by which open and mindful they are. On the off chance that they can answer inquiries before I notwithstanding bring them up then it's a decent sign that they have as of now heaps of experience a dave managed numerous different customers to know enough to be forthright of potential issues and to give me choices and safety efforts on the most proficient method to battle them. On that note I'd say another good thing to pay special mind to is genuineness.

As a supplier to some of the worlds largest and most recognizable brands, i can share some valuable insight to this question. We supply a lot of the material handling goods that these companies use to hold their parts, supplies, inventory, and in some cases, our customers even use our products to ship to their end users. For these companies to continue running as efficiently as possible, they need to ensure that they are dealing with suppliers that can deliver what they promise. Often times, the companies have annual reviews of their suppliers to check for the following:

- What is best price
    - Are items always kept in stock
    - Were order confirmations sent
    - Were orders delivered on time
    - Were items received in good condition
    - Were packing slips and invoices received on time
    - How did the vendor handle any issues such as shortage or damage

If you are looking to become a supplier for some large companies, be prepared to deal with the questions above on an annual or semi-annual basis and if you provide the right answers, and then follow through and deliver on your promises, you can expect a long term relationship that will be mutually beneficial.