Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: What Do You Look For In A Supplier?

Default Re: What Do You Look For In A Supplier?

Prompt, honest and on time quality service is a must when having to choose a particular supplier. Of course you don't want to be wasting time waiting for the delivery to come. Time is money, the more time wasted on delivery the more money is lost. Honesty is an essential part in every relationship whether interpersonal, family or business. Honesty builds trust, and trusts create harmony. A harmonious ralationship between a supplier and the seller will make the business progressive.

My number one deciding factor is consistency. Market fluctuations caused by supply logistics and resource availability will cause prices to rise and fall over time. So I'm looking for companies who can keep an average below that of their competitors while also keeping the quality where I need it to be. If it costs more to do business with you today, I'm willing to eat that cost if you have provided that consistency over time. It's important not to end up in a "Wolf of Wall Street" mentality where you jump from supplier to supplier at every little market twitch. Interpersonal skills are far more important to long term success than the "greed is good" set will have you believe.

Punctuality is what I crave more than anything in a supplier, I love it in such a way that if it's not possible for my goods to be delivered when I requested or desire it to be in my warehouse, I would take honesty that it won't be possible to be delivered on that day than lie to get the job and fail to deliver.

Punctuality makes any supplier trust worthy. If you keep your word at least 90 percent of the time, I believe it would even fetch you more patronizers.

Honesty, reliability and great communication skills. If anything goes wrong, the business relationship can be protected if the supplier is open to the client about delays or potential issues. There is nothing worse than being notified on the expected day of goods delivery that there was a delay. It is very frustrating.
    Also suppliers are cut corners in order to make extra bucks are a big no-no for me. While acknowledging that you are running a business to make profit, you should not allow greed to overlay a great business deal.

Diamond Member

I agree with @tallulah with those two, and I would say that reliability really stems from that communication, at least once the relationship has been established. Probably even more important for the larger suppliers, too.

I am planning to start a business and what I opt for in a supplier is that they make sure they follow all the quality standards of the products delivered. Also, effective communication, easy payment options, and shipping services are some of the factors to be considered from a supplier plus he should be trustworthy too.

Member Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cluckeyo View Post
    I want a supplier who has high quality products at reasonable prices. Low minimums. Easy ways to pay. If it is a larger item, then they need to offer drop shipping.
    I absolutely agree with you. I also want a suppler who delivers quality items for the reasonable price. It would be better if the supplier hinmself bears the shipping cost. I also want my supplier to be communicative. In case I am dealing with international supplier, I want the supplier to understand English easily. Sometimes language becomes a grave problem, therefore, I want a common international language.

Quote Originally Posted by luri View Post
    I absolutely agree with you. I also want a suppler who delivers quality items for the reasonable price. It would be better if the supplier hinmself bears the shipping cost. I also want my supplier to be communicative. In case I am dealing with international supplier, I want the supplier to understand English easily. Sometimes language becomes a grave problem, therefore, I want a common international language.
    I absolutely agree with all the factors that you have stated in your post, every business would definitely want a supplier that provides high quality materials and good service.

In my point of view the system should be communicative and attentive & the services should be delivered in proper time which is the most important point in this field. Before some day ago I got Global Quote Logistics LLC as the best logistic provider. I used the service from them & getting the supply things on time. Thanks to the team for providing the good quality service.