Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Outsourcing Issues That Need to Be Overcome

Member Plus

Default Re: Outsourcing Issues That Need to Be Overcome

I personally went for phased implementation for my business and also asked for a trial service for at least 2 to 3 days, in order to better understand the communication of the workers.

Also, make sure you check the reputation of the company whom you are outsourcing to, as that would ensure that you have an idea about the quality of work which is done in the company.

Directly signing the contract for multiple employees at once is not a good idea in my opinion.

Bronze Member

Non native speakers perform just as fine, those minor slang and terms can be easily explained to them and provide a cheat sheet for all the key terms you desire to include in their vocabulary to handle administrative service procedures as desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    My company has finally made the decision to outsource some administrative service procedures that are repetitive and time consuming. These jobs will potentially go to a firm in India, but there are some significant issues that could be a deal breaker. The advantage of the outsourcing is that we will be able to keep up with the increase demand in the informational flow of the service, the disadvantage is that many of these processes are in English and they now will be going to non native speakers, this is problematic since the processes deal with several terms that are inter-changeable but similar. The other downside is the time difference, on the one hand we can process around the clock, but on the other hand the out sourced portion will require either additional late shifts to field customer service calls because of the time differences. It seems like such a great deal on paper and the cost is right but I have grave misgivings on what the effect will be on the back end- has anyone gone thru this process and is it worth all the planning to make it happen? I just would hate to get in a contract that in the end might be a poor decision. Is a limited contract the answer? or Phased implementation?
    I've worked in and around outsourcing myself. Definitely worth the effort if you can get the process going correctly and consistently. Its not gonna be easy, you'll have to monitor and tweak things every now and then.

If your uneasy with a commitment, I would say a trial period, if that option is available, would be your best bet. You should check with the BPO if they can do that for you. Also, consider 2 - 3 other options, you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket.

If English proficiency is the problem, outsource to the Philippines.

Hope this helps.

Platinum Member

"the disadvantage is that many of these processes are in English and they now will be going to non native speakers", there are plenty of people out there who speak English. I'm sure you can find a manager who can be taught in English, and he or she will be the person to train every body else.

Some of the things that you think will be bad might not actually be, in time you will be able to tell if it was worth the change.