Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Google plans to train 2 million Indian developers

Default Google plans to train 2 million Indian developers

Here's a link to the article: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...droid-platform
    How do you feel about this? Do you think the Android market is going to have a lot of growth because of what Google is trying to do right now? Training 2 million people isn't cheap but it can be worth it in the long run.

Diamond Member

Default Re: Google plans to train 2 million Indian developers

It's clear that Google believes that there is a method to the madness. Google would have done its assessment and the forecasts would have indicated the potential of this venture. The Android market has been moving forward at a rapid pace and does not seem that it will slow down anytime soon with the trend of many people possessing multiple devices. I believe I will trust Google here on the backing of a winner.

Diamond Member

When it comes to making money, I don't think that many people will argue that Google are the masters at it, and even with ideas they have had in the past that might not have been the best, they still haven't yet lost money on an investment or plan or had to take a loss. This for me seems like a big investment for Google as well as India itself, and they wouldn't have gone into a deal this big without doing their due diligence and making sure they aren't going to end up with egg on their face.

This is a good deal for Google and for India, but I'm not sure that other countries will be happy about the fact they have chosen India over them, but at the end of the day it's Google's money and they can and will do exactly what they want with it.

Right out of the gates I think they are outsourcing all of the technical jobs from the hands of Americans and placing them in the hands of low wage Indians. All companies are outsourcing elsewhere to save money and get a bigger profit margin. You have to remember guys, these guys are trying please their share holders. They are fighting over market shares all the time. But if there is a stale mate for any length of time, production cost has to come down to increase overall revenue. The cheaper it is being made, the more they make on the bottom line.

That is progress. Lucky are those 2 million Indians to be trained by Google. For sure, Google have studied that move which in the long run would benefit the company. I just wonder what would happen if those Google developers would dominate the world, how about the other developers particularly those independent or developing in their own individual capacity? I'm sure there will be a displacement of sorts and in the future, those Indians will be a major in the internet because of their inventions. Can you imagine 2 million minds thinking of innovations? That would be a lot of innovations that the world will experience.

Diamond Member

I think it's a good move and probably necessary to do it this way because they would be paying so much more if done in another country and not to mention the risk for that would also be exponential. Additionally it will be a great opportunity for Indians and hopefully it means better progress for their country. I'm sure in a few years we will start to feel the results of this decision and we will see if it was a good one or not.

Bronze Member

Heh sounds like something that Donald Trump would not like at all if he runs as president. Anyway, I think is a great contribution to indian Industry development. 2 millions new developers is a prolific source of software for a fairly large investment.

Platinum Member

This is why they don't have to worry about losing money because even with trash product that they test out, they paid so little to have it produced that they would still have profits in the event of a catastrophe. It's an investment for the better if it takes jobs away from America. That what big companies do, I don't like google, nor have I ever, they are super monopolized and want to be everything to the world, but stand behind things like Youtube, and Android, and a many other good things that have had a great impact on communities in order to continue their rein.

Sure training 2 million new workers to do a certain job is obviously good, but what is the main reason that they don't share with the public? That main reason is all I care about. 2 million...not necessary. This is multi-year venture that will most likely be post-poned or changed. They like to put out news of things that they want to do, but that doesn't mean they'll do it.

Platinum Member

This is definitely good news to the Indian people. I'm sure Google heads have researched well and contemplated on this first before finally acting on it. I think they are doing a wise move by choosing Indians because if they would train from the U.S. or other countries with higher wages than India, the numbers of trainees would be limited compared to the lower wage in India where they could train more numbers and could potentially gain more in the long run.

Silver Member

It's a strategy which in the long term will save the company a lot of money. As they'll be handling the training they are sure the trainees will be good enough for Google and they'll start outsourcing software development jobs to Google-trained India-based workers. It's a smart move and I'm sure a number of other tech giants will want to train some overseas workers so like Google they could have the best whilst spending very little money paying them all. Good thing for Indians is they are getting about 2 million jobs!