Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Growing interest into supply chain business

Bronze Member

Default Growing interest into supply chain business

Hello forum.

I found this site researching about supply chain Market. And so far is more complex than I thought at first. It involves a lot more than I could imagine in the process of moving the value from the supplier to the costumer too: people, activities, information, goods, services etc. I'm fairly interested in how fast it evolves and the process of reincorporating the product into the same supply chain system to recycle the residual value.

Regards;

Default Re: Growing interest into supply chain business

Welcome to the forum, neural! The supply chain market is definitely an interesting one to keep track of and I personally love the industry. Are you currently involved in the field or are you just interested?

Bronze Member

I'm not involved but I have a family member that runs a dairies supply company and thus is part of a supply chain. He began with just a truck and distributed the dairies himself but after several years of hard work He now have his own warehouse and some employees doing the job.

Before venturing into supply chain business you need to know what are the risks and factors when starting a business like supply chain. Supply chain is much more complexed than what you think so you need to be very well informed and you need to have a knowledge about it and their parts in order to be successful in this kind of business. It really involves a lot of processes.

Regards,
    Emelia I.
    BR International Supply Chain Services Australia

Member Plus

I am not a supplier, rather a retailer. I have a tyre business and I sell Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Sri Lankan tyres. I procure tyres from the local distributors. Since the profit margin is very small when I acquire my stocks from local distributor, I am looking for suppliers who directly supply from the manufacturer to the retailer. In order to learn the whole process, I am on this forum.