Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Procurement Dilemma

Default Procurement Dilemma

I am a young professional working for a mid-sized company that needs industrial labels for its products. We have a printer from a relatively small company that also sells us the toner - we are spending way too much on the toner and would like to replace it. However, since the toner is relatively obscure, there are no toners online explicitly compatible for the one we have. The printer is too expensive to replace and the toner is too expensive to justify purchasing.

How should I handle finding an appropriate toner replacement? How would you go about this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Procurement Dilemma

I presume you have already searched online for specific toner cartridge? There may be 'copies'.

The other option would be to get your cartridges refilled locally ....
    Regards

Top Link - Site Founder

Diamond Member

It's not difficult to find copies of most commodities nowadays. I suggest that you explore the made in China option to see if you may be able to find a cheaper alternative there. However, if you are successful in finding the Cheaper alternative in China. However, Before you stock-up on the toners, it's best that at first, you acquire a small amount to test the product to ascertain if it would be able to effectively do the job.

Platinum Member

Perhaps you should get a list of toner suppliers in your locality, canvass for prices and compare. You bring it up with your boss or whoever's in-charge and after they decide, touch base with the chosen supplier. Next, you go directly to your procurement officer set the order into motion.

I am confused by your statement. The vendor who sold you the printer is also the supplier of your toner? From the looks of it, you have been a victim or proprietary rights - a toner or consumable item for the equipment your bought from them that you cannot buy elsewhere. Therefore you are now a captive market of that toner vendor. Although it is moot and academic since you said the printer is so expensive to replace, you have to know the history of that printer. And the only better alternative than buying the expensive toner forever, is to sell your printer or rent it out to another company. Newer models of printer are cheaper.

Hi AhaZenHims,

I would recommend 123InkCartridges.