Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: whats the best supply chain management strategies?

Default Re: whats the best supply chain management strategies?

Instead of randomly mentioning strategies (that may not make much sense without detailed descriptions), I’ll tell you about how to develop a supply chain strategy.
    Assess the Business Goals – Your supply chain strategy should be aligned with your business goals (like do you want to be a lowest cost provider or you wish to amaze your clients)
    Understand the Extended Supply Chain – Determine the dependencies your company has on other suppliers
    Assess the Business Resources – Take stock of your company’s assets (how old is the machinery, what kind of tools or equipment is available) and human resource.
    Choose the Right Software – This is a critical decision, as the software would impact the processes and the efficiencies in the system. This will also impact your implementation plan, performance metrics, roles and responsibilities and timelines.
    Development Considerations – Like how you wish to include your partners, if any.

2. Likes Pia liked this post

Supply chain is the heart of e-commerce. A better planning will helps to provide a better services to customers. The above information you have shared will be beneficial to the supply chain managers. Thanks for sharing.

There are many supply chain strategies out there but i would like to cite some. First is, adopting the demand-driven planning based on a real time demands. Second, Make an adaptive supply chain that has a rapid planning integrated and executions. Third, optimizing products designs in order to have an accelerated profit innovation. I hope this will help.

Regards,
    Emelia I.
    BRI Supply Chain Management Consultants

Here are some best supply chain management strategies to follow:

1.Establish a governing supply chain council.
    2.Properly align and staff the supply chain organisation.
    3.Make technology work for you.
    4.Establish alliances with key suppliers.
    5.Engage in collaborative strategic sourcing.
    6.Focus on total cost of ownership (TCO), not price
    7.Put contracts under the supply chain function.

Member Plus

The strategic supply chain processes that management has to decide upon will cover the breadth of the supply chain. These include product development, customers, manufacturing, vendors, and logistics.

Lightbulb Re: whats the best supply chain management strategies?

The key to developing an effective supply chain management strategy is to ensure that you have visibility into every part of your supply chain. For more info on how to achieve true supply chain visibility, you may be interested in reading the new white paper from Tive: Beyond Visibility: How to Build a Supply Chain That Thinks.

The white paper offers a new perspective on the challenges of managing a modern supply chain, and the advances that are making the next generation of supply chain visibility possible. In addition, it covers:

• What are the key elements of a digital supply chain?
    • What new technologies are enabling the digital supply chain?
    • How can my organization use these new capabilities to take waste out of the supply chain?
    • What organizational changes are required to adopt a cognitive supply chain?

To learn more, download the white paper, Beyond Visibility: How to Build a Supply Chain That Thinks.

There is never a right answer. It depends on your business, your customer, and the environment. Here are some questions you can ask yourself before deciding on the best supply chain strategy:
    1)How steady is my sales or seasonal variations?
    2)What is the minimum and maximum number of days of inventory I need to hold?
    3)What are my transit times in my first and last miles?
    4)How many modes of transport do I use? Air, sea, rail. In other words, what is my dependency or risk of a delay
    5)How sensitive are my goods to conditions like temperature, humidity or pressure and what season is it? For instance, some chocolates may not need a cold chain all year around in northern Europe, while it may need a cold chain operation even in Indian winters.
    6)What are my payment terms with my customers? Am I being paid in advance (which means my deliveries are not linked to my working capital)? Who bears detention costs?

Based on this you can decide to go in for a JIT model or a large regional warehousing model similar to that of an FMCG company. In either case, define your metrics well. Once you have your metrics in place, pick a good visibility solution (here is a guide on how to pick the right visibility solution: 5 Things you need for real-time tracking) and enforce these metrics to run an efficient supply chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Nicks View Post
    Need more information about best supply chain management strategies.
    Well there are really many of them and it's hard to say which one is the best, everything depends on a certain type of business which you have. But I can say from my own experience (I work in a companny which sells gadgets) the best ideas for every business can be ones which are always connected with current customers' demands and fast responding for them. Good, professional planning is a very important thing as also the project management which is a basis for effective general work process and separate works of your stuff. In this case I as a manager too think that inventory management systems http://www.meadewillis.com/ are one of the best in this case, they're so helpful in controlling all processees and parts in chain supplies, this always makes any business more effective. It's simple, managing your work and products for making it gives you money as a result and also such systems are nice in case of motivation for stuff and coordinating our workers too. Optimization of product designs is an effective thing too, besides in can be a cool innovation too. Often and constant upgrading of your production variety, suppliers etc. is an other key to success.

I recognize alternate publications here for their info however I think there ought to be a touch of space for adaptability with regards to working a decent production network. Those specified above are extraordinary systems and many supply binds stick to them. Be that as it may, they are non specific in nature so to call them best procedures is to some degree a misnomer. The best methodologies are very the subtle elements. They vary starting with one inventory network then onto the next. Yet, regardless of the minor contrasts, the objective is the same: most extreme profitability and effectiveness.

I recognize alternate publications here for their info, however, I think there ought to be a touch of space for adaptability with regards to working a decent production network. Those specified above are extraordinary systems and many supply binds stick to them. Be that as it may, they are non specific in nature so to call them best procedures is to some degree a misnomer. The best methodologies are very the subtle elements. They vary starting with one inventory network then onto the next. Yet, regardless of the minor contrasts, the objective is the same: most extreme profitability and effectiveness.