Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: are you buying bulk goods from china ? what were you going through, bad or good

Default are you buying bulk goods from china ? what were you going through, bad or good

Hello, All

have you bought something from china before ?
    do you intend to sourceing from china ? or other countries ?
    what is your sourcing experiences ?
    do you have any solution to solve problem when outsourcing
    do you try to send your inquiry to buying office in china to handle whole things. and what is your concern

welcome to say your story here

thanks
    Cassin

Diamond Member

Default Re: are you buying bulk goods from china ? what were you going through, bad or good

We so source half of our inventory from China and we don't face that many problems. We have a contact there and he basically just takes care of everything and all we have to do is state our requests and he will do everything he can to source any item we might need. From time to time a few items will take longer to find or sometimes it can't be found at all but that's about it as far as obstacles go and even then it's not such a problem for us since we are a retail shop and popular products are usually easy to find so the harder to find pieces are mostly just bonus items that we can do without anyway.

Default Re: are you buying bulk goods from china ? what were you going through, bad or good

A cousin has been importing footwear from China for so many years now, maybe more than 20 already. What they do is to send the design via internet and the factory would produce a sample of the design. Sometimes they request the factory to send them the samples via courier. When they are satisfied with the sample, they place the order and remit the required down payment. From what I know, China products are getting better in quality and the biggest advantage is the cheap price that they ask.

Deal All

thanks for your answer above thread
    here is my another post in this forum
    http://www.supplychainforum.com/foru...ng-office-here

i want to say, if there has sourcing office here in china to handle whole processing up there for you
    all you care is only focus on your products line and customers. how about this?
    do you want to work with them ? what is your concern ?

leave your comments here

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    We so source half of our inventory from China and we don't face that many problems. We have a contact there and he basically just takes care of everything and all we have to do is state our requests and he will do everything he can to source any item we might need. From time to time a few items will take longer to find or sometimes it can't be found at all but that's about it as far as obstacles go and even then it's not such a problem for us since we are a retail shop and popular products are usually easy to find so the harder to find pieces are mostly just bonus items that we can do without anyway.
    well, this experiences same to what i am working here china. a sourcing office to handle whole processing for customers
    let them to handle rest things line products line and customers relationship

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sourcing in china View Post
    Deal All

thanks for your answer above thread
    here is my another post in this forum
    http://www.supplychainforum.com/foru...ng-office-here

i want to say, if there has sourcing office here in china to handle whole processing up there for you
    all you care is only focus on your products line and customers. how about this?
    do you want to work with them ? what is your concern ?

leave your comments here

thanks
    What do you mean by that - do you want to work with the Chinese? Well, I think it would be great if some Chinese factory owners would be in partnership with importers. We need the Chinese products and the factories in China need us importers so I guess it's a pretty good arrangement if there will be a meeting of the minds by establishing a corporation owned by both the Chinese businessmen and the importers from other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Corzhens View Post
    What do you mean by that - do you want to work with the Chinese? Well, I think it would be great if some Chinese factory owners would be in partnership with importers. We need the Chinese products and the factories in China need us importers so I guess it's a pretty good arrangement if there will be a meeting of the minds by establishing a corporation owned by both the Chinese businessmen and the importers from other countries.
    i mean, i buid a buying office here in china. to provide sourcing service here
    whatever you or my customers want, i source it. i handle whole processing here for them
    search suppliers, check them, arrange order, quality control, shipment,
    then, let my customers focus on their products line and customers. it will help both way, each other happy.

any comments for this idea ?

thanks

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by sourcing in china View Post
    i mean, i buid a buying office here in china. to provide sourcing service here
    whatever you or my customers want, i source it. i handle whole processing here for them
    search suppliers, check them, arrange order, quality control, shipment,
    then, let my customers focus on their products line and customers. it will help both way, each other happy.

any comments for this idea ?

thanks
    I think this is a very good idea as there are more and more people thinking about sourcing from China but don't know where to turn to. Probably one of the best things about this is that you can start out with just a little capital and maybe one or two clients, but from what I hear from my own supplier not all clients are very pleasant to work with though I guess that is common in any business. One suggestion I would have for anyone thinking about doing this is to advertise your services in the right places where you can reach the best audience for you because I don't think there is a site specializing in this specific niche yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I think this is a very good idea as there are more and more people thinking about sourcing from China but don't know where to turn to. Probably one of the best things about this is that you can start out with just a little capital and maybe one or two clients, but from what I hear from my own supplier not all clients are very pleasant to work with though I guess that is common in any business. One suggestion I would have for anyone thinking about doing this is to advertise your services in the right places where you can reach the best audience for you because I don't think there is a site specializing in this specific niche yet.

thank you ,
    i do not want promote my products or service here
    i just want to check my idea and get some suggestions here

thanks all and everything from you

Platinum Member

My previous employer bought a lot of fancy and ancient-looking replica jars straight from a Chinese supplier. As far as pottery and porcelain items are concerned, China's a good source. However, the other products exported from China (such as shoes, gadgets and toys) have questionable quality. Items like earrings, shirts and school materials are of decent quality, however, so you can take a risk buying them.