Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: are you buying bulk goods from china ? what were you going through, bad or good

Default Re: are you buying bulk goods from china ? what were you going through, bad or good

Well, we buy goods from China every day and some of them are actually quite good. We've brought in paint, furniture, wood and a whole lot of food and the quality is decent for the price, I've been especially impressed by the furniture which despite the cost it holds up quite well. China is not as bad as people make it out to be, you just have to know what to look out for.

Platinum Member

Default Re: are you buying bulk goods from china ? what were you going through, bad or good

I have a friend who imports goods from China and most of the products she sells in her retail store are made in China. I think more businesses prefer buying and importing from China because of the very affordable prices. There are indeed a lot of quality products coming in from China with cheaper prices compared to supplies from other countries.

Diamond Member

While there's no doubt that Chinese goods are becoming more and more popular, mainly because like you say they are more affordable than goods from other countries, but you do have to be careful when it comes to the quality. A lot of the time you do get what you pay for, and some of the Chinese products aren't made to the highest standards, and that can result in your business getting a reputation for not selling the best quality.

People like value for money more than cheap goods, and a lot of the time you're simply not getting that value. Even though what your buying IS cheap, it's not going to last half as long as the same product from another country, and while some businesses might consider that a good thing as it means that people will buy more, if your business gets a reputation for selling items that aren't that well made, its a reputation that can be hard to shake off.

Platinum Member

I agree with what you said @pwarbi. There are a lot of suppliers of different goods from China but there are also a lot of companies supplying low quality goods. This is why it's very important to choose and investigate your potential supplier's reputation first before trying to order from them. I think initial purchases should be minimal first to check out first if the goods being supplied are of good quality. If they are, then the supplier has gained a new customer.

Diamond Member

It sounds like I have a chip on my shoulder regarding China and I don't, but their method seems to try and saturate a market with product without caring too much about the quality aspect of it, and here in the UK we know that only too well when it comes to steel for an example. Making and then selling any product at a knockdown price with poor quality is going to boost their profits in the short term, and even if they can't rely on selling them goods in the future, they are making enough now to be able to factor that into their predictions and adjust those figures accordingly.

Member Plus

Personally for us, it has been a long journey.

We almost import 90% of our products from China but just to get the supply chain straightened out it took us 6 months and we lost hundreds of dollars in duties as well as dishonest suppliers.

However, now it is much more smoother. If you are willing to devote time and money to straighten out the supply chain then I would definitely advice you to import from China.

Bronze Member

China is one of the biggest exporters out there and they have to deal with competition, thus it makes sense not everything that is from there is awful. Also, most electronics companies moved their manufacturing factories there. The most bad quality stuff comes from black market imitation goods.