Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do you think about outsourcing entire plants to 3rd world countries?

Default Re: What do you think about outsourcing entire plants to 3rd world countries?

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticPete View Post
    If we don't help the less fortunate nations develop industry, how do we expect them to get ahead?
    Considering my entire paycheck comes from importing things from other countries too!
    I always roll my eyes when people in North America complain about sending jobs overseas, because that's how the global economy works!
    It's a simple thing in economics called the law of comparative advantage.
    Besides if you live in the USA or even Canada and tell me that you can't get by and support yourself because jobs are going overseas, I think you need to look at what you are doing wrong.
    That's a very noble statement - thinking of helping the poor nations. However, in this world, generosity is selective and you cannot just do what your heart desires when it runs counter to economic principle. But personally, my take on the outsourcing is mainly due to the lower pay for poor countries and not for helping those poor countries. Basic pay for workers in a 3rd world country like the Philippines is much lower compared to the minimum wage in the US and Canada.

Diamond Member

Default Re: What do you think about outsourcing entire plants to 3rd world countries?

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticPete View Post
    If we don't help the less fortunate nations develop industry, how do we expect them to get ahead?
    Considering my entire paycheck comes from importing things from other countries too!
    I always roll my eyes when people in North America complain about sending jobs overseas, because that's how the global economy works!
    It's a simple thing in economics called the law of comparative advantage.
    Besides if you live in the USA or even Canada and tell me that you can't get by and support yourself because jobs are going overseas, I think you need to look at what you are doing wrong.
    I'm not that knowledgable in economics but I've always kind of thought the same as well because ultimately even though we have to prioritize our own country's finances we have to be able to see a bigger picture. I think if you do things right then the money will come back no matter where you send it, in my opinion.

why not. It's cheaper. And every single company or freelancer determins the policy and quality of services