Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is outsourcing helping sales?

Platinum Member

Default Is outsourcing helping sales?

I'm not thinking here about the basic outsourcing, but rather another kind of outsourcing.
    Let's talk about that perspective: you want to sell a product of the supply chain suddenly in Spain. But to provide some kind of "better" integration and maybe help your brand and your public relations, you outsource some part of the production to Spain to make Spanish people more happy of the company because the products they buy contributes partly to the local economy.

That's the kind of outsourcing I talk about, and here's the question so: Outsourcing in countries you sell products in or where you have important market shares helps to boost the sales somehow?

Default Re: Is outsourcing helping sales?

I'd say that outsourcing in countries where you sell your product is a plus. An employee is your best advertisement of your product since they are directly connected to the company. Like in our bank, all employees are asked to be proud of our company and we should alse be attired properly - that is called corporate image. With our products - types of deposits and loans plus trust accounts - the bank employees are the first ones to proclaim those products in their circle. So it is a big plus in getting outsource worker from the place where you sell your products.

Everything in moderation. What you're talking about can be a good thing for one country yet bad for another. One company doing this in moderation may be good for that company, but if too many other companies follow suit, than the country in which those businesses are based will start to see bad things happen to their economy and way of life. Like unemployment for starters and how that can put a financial burden on the country.

What is good for the company, may not be that good for the country in which it is based.

Wherever there is a market and a demand for your product, it will sell. No matter where the customers are located in the world. You only need to look for a demand. If there is a demand, the only other step is to make sure it is legal for you to do business in that other country.

Yes, it will be much easier to have locals handle the day to day business operations, as this removes the need for you and/or other employees from your own country from having to learn the language and customs of the other country. If you do not know the language or customs of the country you want to sell in, you will need an intermediary or an interpreter to act as a bridge between you and the other country so business can be translated in a way that makes the business run smoothly in the foreign country.

Diamond Member

If it helps more than just building a better image then I think it is a good move, but if sacrifices are being made at the expense of image then it may b a questionable decision, unless image is the bulk of what the business is about. If it's more expensive to have a branch in that country, and it's still being pursued just for the sake of being there, then it may just end up biting the company in the rear, but if it works and it generates more sales than the company otherwise would have had then it would be worth it.

Banned

I did not ask to leave a comment I read only
    เว็บพนันออนไลน์

Some foreign companies hire outsource not for a branch but for a separate company in the local country. Particularly with Japanese companies, what they do is establish a separate company in the Philippines and not a branch office. The reason for that is in case of bankruptcy, they can just leave the company and run away with the profits. Pardon me but I know of several Japanese companies which did that. One is the employer of my husband so I have a first hand account of what really transpired.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Corzhens View Post
    Some foreign companies hire outsource not for a branch but for a separate company in the local country. Particularly with Japanese companies, what they do is establish a separate company in the Philippines and not a branch office. The reason for that is in case of bankruptcy, they can just leave the company and run away with the profits. Pardon me but I know of several Japanese companies which did that. One is the employer of my husband so I have a first hand account of what really transpired.
    I think this is common practice for a lot of big companies if I'm not mistaken. I can understand because it really is in the owners' best interest to keep their main brand as clean as possible. It's why a lot of food companies tend to make separate brand names for their new and experimental products so if it fails it won't affect the image of the previous ones that are already established.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I think this is common practice for a lot of big companies if I'm not mistaken. I can understand because it really is in the owners' best interest to keep their main brand as clean as possible. It's why a lot of food companies tend to make separate brand names for their new and experimental products so if it fails it won't affect the image of the previous ones that are already established.
    Take for instance the laundry detergent. I was surprised that Tide has some other brands which has only 1 manufacturer. Likewise with Ariel. So it is just like the soft drinks where Coke have their Sprite and Royal True Orange while Pepsi have the 7-Up and Mountain Dew. Maybe the variety is provided to fool the consumers in having different brands but in effect those products are competing by themselves for a win-win marketing approach.

Platinum Member

So let me just divide outsourcing so that you better understand it's nitty-gritties. First, there's what you call Business Process Outsourcing (BPO). BPO pertains to routinary backoffice jobs that do not require extensive qualifications to deliver results. Examples of BPO service would be customer service, outbound marketing, transcription, data entry and email response.

On one hand, there's Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) - backoffice jobs that require high-end qualifications and, at times, prior studies. Legal indexers, outsourced accountants, copywriters and offshore executive assistants are just a few examples of KPO careers that may not generate direct income but are still very important to keep overseas businesses functioning.

In the aspect of sales, outbound call center agents have generated millions and billions for many European and North American firms.