Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Creating a company from outside the U.S.

  1. #11
    Diamond Member Corzhens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,618

    Default Re: Creating a company from outside the U.S.

    My husband used to work in a Japanese software house. It employes 8 project managers and an equal number of programmers plus some trainees. All employees are Filipinos except for the 2 vice presidents who are Japanese. The company here has a counterpart in Japan which gets projects. And instead of doing the programming in Japan, the Philippine office does that job and the Japan office just handles the final testing. I'm sure that company earns a lot because the pay in Japan is high and they only pay the Filipinos a small salary.

  2. #12
    Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    1,348

    Default Re: Creating a company from outside the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corzhens View Post
    My husband used to work in a Japanese software house. It employes 8 project managers and an equal number of programmers plus some trainees. All employees are Filipinos except for the 2 vice presidents who are Japanese. The company here has a counterpart in Japan which gets projects. And instead of doing the programming in Japan, the Philippine office does that job and the Japan office just handles the final testing. I'm sure that company earns a lot because the pay in Japan is high and they only pay the Filipinos a small salary.
    I think a lot of businesses do this and I can understand why and if I were in the same position I would probably decide it the same way. It really is difficult to pass up a good bargain, even when it is a big company is concerned. As long as the pay is fair for each person's respective location and demographic then I guess it is alright.

  3. #13
    Diamond Member Corzhens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,618

    Default Re: Creating a company from outside the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I think a lot of businesses do this and I can understand why and if I were in the same position I would probably decide it the same way. It really is difficult to pass up a good bargain, even when it is a big company is concerned. As long as the pay is fair for each person's respective location and demographic then I guess it is alright.
    The Philippine government and those involved in the business industry are letting that to happen - foreign companies hiring workers on a temporary basis but with high salaries - because their main agenda is the technology transfer. Filipino workers earn and at the same time learn the trade. There are Filipino animators now crowding the studios in the US because they are good at it. And they learned animation when foreign companies hired them to do a project for a particular movie. Now those animators are being offered permanent jobs in the US.

  4. #14
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Tropics
    Posts
    295

    Default Re: Creating a company from outside the U.S.

    That's not a bad idea if your concern is cheap labor and high productivity then China is the place to go. However, they have strict requirements and start-up companies that wish to establish manufacturing firms there would need to haggle for their place. So long as you follow the rules and requirements set by the Chinese government, then you're all set before you know it.

  5. #15
    Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    1,348

    Default Re: Creating a company from outside the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corzhens View Post
    The Philippine government and those involved in the business industry are letting that to happen - foreign companies hiring workers on a temporary basis but with high salaries - because their main agenda is the technology transfer. Filipino workers earn and at the same time learn the trade. There are Filipino animators now crowding the studios in the US because they are good at it. And they learned animation when foreign companies hired them to do a project for a particular movie. Now those animators are being offered permanent jobs in the US.
    Not sure if I am understanding you correctly but are you saying it is a bad thing? Anyway, I don't think it is that bad as long as the Filipinos are earning well enough for the standard of living here, even if the japan office is earning way more, because ultimately it is their client and their project and expenses are much higher there too anyway so it's understandable for them to want to take more of the cut, in my opinion.

  6. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Creating a company from outside the U.S.

    This is a very common practice among enterprising people who want to look for talented people who can work for less. It's a case of effective outsourcing. Some types of businesses can't be as profitable if they are situated within the United States. However, if they transfer their base of operations outside of the country, their possible profit margins increase for up to ten-fold. This is why more and more companies are outsourcing their services in countries that have huge populations of English-speakers like the Philippines and India.

  7. #17
    Diamond Member Corzhens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,618

    Default Re: Creating a company from outside the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Not sure if I am understanding you correctly but are you saying it is a bad thing? Anyway, I don't think it is that bad as long as the Filipinos are earning well enough for the standard of living here, even if the japan office is earning way more, because ultimately it is their client and their project and expenses are much higher there too anyway so it's understandable for them to want to take more of the cut, in my opinion.
    No, I'm not saying that scheme is bad albeit it is good for the locals because they learn the technology. In my example in the animation industry, the local animators have the talent but not the refined skills that they need in doing animation work. So it is disadvantageous for the worker to be hired on a temporary status because he can lose his job anytime (especially when the foreign company would close shop) but the worker is amenable to the arrangement because his main intention is the learning he would get and the connection that he would establish with foreign companies, not to mention that his resume would be more appealing with the portion that says he had been employed by a foreign company.

  8. #18
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    259

    Default Re: Creating a company from outside the U.S.

    I agree, if all employees are being payed well according to the average pay at their current geographical location then it's totally fine. The things with that is a lot of major corporation know that is not the case. They don't really care about the employees welfare, they just want them to perform the job so they can make more profits.

    I'm sure if some companies out there could legally hire slaves, they would do so. Immoral is not even a word that would be in their vocabulary, people are just like that. It sucks, but that's the life way of life we currently live in.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •