Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to invest?

Default Where to invest?

As if this question hasn't been asked enough, but i would like to know where you guys are investing.

Default Re: Where to invest?

If you mean investing in supplies, I guess you have to check your inventory for the most dynamic item. Over here, in the years past we always give priority to small items that are ordered almost every week, CD and DVD for temporary storage. Files were copied into CD and saved in file cabinets thereby creating a demand from the users. You can imagine the volume involved if you take into consideration the hundreds of our unit customers.

Member Plus

That's really good question, I spent the last week looking for the answer for this question, because after I spent a lot of money this year, I decided to invest the money I earn so I can save it and make more from it, but I still can't find good place to put my money in, all of good places seems like they are not trustful anymore ! so please help us !

It depends on your needs and what you're reffering to. If you're looking for a way of extra income I suggest you start going to yard sales or places where you can find "hidden gems". After you get some good deals you can start turning them in on eBay for a profit. Check the subreddit /r/flipping on reddit for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Corzhens View Post
    If you mean investing in supplies, I guess you have to check your inventory for the most dynamic item. Over here, in the years past we always give priority to small items that are ordered almost every week, CD and DVD for temporary storage. Files were copied into CD and saved in file cabinets thereby creating a demand from the users. You can imagine the volume involved if you take into consideration the hundreds of our unit customers.
    You definitely have to be smart regarding your inventory, and what you're ordering. Of course, you can order like products to your better sellers, but that's going to depend on the amount of capital you have to spend to test it. Testing definitely plays into it.

@GeeCee, I know of a company whose GSD (General Services Department that handles all the purchases of general supplies) is very good in purchasing. They have a complete list of inventory with statistics for almost everything - paper and other office supplies, printer ink cartridges, etc. Their style is to buy in bulk to get a better discount. And they are always correct in their forecasting. Our own GSD had attended a seminar provided by that company so we can adopt their system.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzyon View Post
    It depends on your needs and what you're reffering to. If you're looking for a way of extra income I suggest you start going to yard sales or places where you can find "hidden gems". After you get some good deals you can start turning them in on eBay for a profit. Check the subreddit /r/flipping on reddit for more info.
    Though I also can recommend r/flipping, I wonder if OP was talking about investing in general for personal gain or more-so supply chain specific investing?

Member Plus

Well, this is going to depend on the type of business that you're in, and the types of supplies that you deal with. You may find that there are certain things that are better to invest in than others - or certain countries that are better to buy from at certain times - and the trick is to be able to keep an eye on these and see where you could make the most amount of profit from your investment. You may find that countries that are in financial difficulty offer great value products, as many businesses might be trying to cash in their own stock investments in order to get some money rolling through the business again. This is something that is certainly worth keeping an eye on, so if you have the time, you should be looking around to take stock of where the best deals are. There is never one "perfect" thing to invest in - it always depends on many different factors.

@GemmaRowlands, our purchasing department is adept when it comes to investing (stocking) in supplies to do skip the problem of price increases. In my territory, we only handle old computers and some peripherals like hard drives so it's not really much of a savings to stock on those items. Besides, we all know that prices of electronic items tend to go down instead of increasing due to the fast pace of technology advancement. A 500 GB hard drive costs 3,000 and a brand new costing 5,000 has a capacity of 2 TB. That's practically a decrease in cost.

Diamond Member

I think you could make an investment on lol most anything as long as you have ample knowledge on that industry since everything has monetary value so you could choose to make profit on almost anything. Nowadays it seems like one of the easier things to put an investment in is online ventures since you don't have as much overhead and you don't have to physically travel as much.