Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Which countries do you buy products from?

Default Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

This is my speculation in the months to come if US president Donald Trump will be true to his threat to quit buying Chinese products. China will be greatly affected by the banning of importation by US companies. It can dent the Chinese economy. US companies may be forced to buy local products even at a high cost. Or maybe they will shift to other Asian countries for their needs. This will be a boon to the country that they will choose to import from.

Member Plus

Currently, I am buying products from local distributor, however, I am thinking to directly outsource from India and China. I sell tyres. Indian tyres have good market in the country. Chinese tyres are relatively cheap and I also see an opportunity to sell Chinese tyres. The process of procuring goods from international market is very tedious. The law does not allow to directly pay the supplier and obtain goods, we need to first obtain permit and then start the process through bank.

Member Plus

Honestly, I can't remember at all of them right now. To be fair, I would have to make a list to have a better basis... But, I can say that I have certainly bought from many countries (some of them even considered very unusual shopping destinations, by the way ). I like meeting new places and having new experiences, but always being very cautious when it comes to shopping.

I'm from the Philippines and for personal items, I usually buy my products online from the USA. But as for resale, we by our products from China, Thailand, Hong Kong, and sometimes Vietnam. The reason why is because usually,those countries have great deals when buying bulk orders. They're not cheap in terms of quality at all as long as you make sure what kind of product you're getting first before you buy it, regardless of how cheap the price is.

Well till now I have never purchased something outside my country as I am pretty satisfied with the prices of the products that I need. I am afraid of the shipping costs and so I just stick to buying everything within my country.

I work for an electronic hardware manufacturing company having interest in electronic components mainly manufactured by China and Korea. But we find Korean quality and prices suitable for our products so we import most of them from South Korea.