Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Which countries do you buy products from?

Bronze Member

Default Which countries do you buy products from?

If not from you're own nationality, then what countries do you buy products from? China? The Usa? Great Britain?

Default Re: Which countries do you buy products from?

I work for a British comapny and we get our materials from all over. Its a lot of textiles so lots from Bangladesh, Indonesia and Vietnam, along with other items that come to us from China. We have a base in the USA too so get quite a lot from there as well.

We get a lot of items from China which we try to store them for backup, in case of an emergency. We get a lot of stuff from Taiwan and Vietnam too, but our tech gear comes from Romania, Italy and USA.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonjr View Post
    I work for a British comapny and we get our materials from all over. Its a lot of textiles so lots from Bangladesh, Indonesia and Vietnam, along with other items that come to us from China. We have a base in the USA too so get quite a lot from there as well.
    A lot of textiles come from Bangladesh, Indonesia and Vietnam and it's the cheapest importer worldwide.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzyon View Post
    We get a lot of items from China which we try to store them for backup, in case of an emergency. We get a lot of stuff from Taiwan and Vietnam too, but our tech gear comes from Romania, Italy and USA.
    Good, what quality are the items you get from Taiwan and Romania? Fair enough?

I am not an importer so let me cite the people I know who are importers. My brother in law is engaged in the steel business called hi-steel which are imported from Japan. His company is actually a retailer of such products. His warehouse inventory is not so big as it is less than 1 million pesos (roughly $25,000) and he's got 2 cutters working day and night. Since the product is expensive but the quality if guaranteed, they get a good markup.

Same here for China. They just have better prices overall. As long as I stay on top of my inventory, I can usually get what I need just-in-time to resupply. It's sad that it's cheaper to deal with a country halfway around the world that it is to do business with a company in the US.

My husband's cousin is an importer of Chinese goods particularly footwear. He said that they have been noticing the improving quality of Chinese products such that their sales are increasing. With that better quality, they have increased the price for nothing because the China factory did not increase their price. I guess China is now the number 1 when it comes to products that have demand all over the world.

Diamond Member

I prefer to keep it homegrown to simply help stimulate the economy.

Member Plus

I am from the UK, and I try to keep our materials home grown where possible. Not only because it is cheaper to ship, but also because I like to support businesses that are local to us, as I feel that it is a really great thing to be able to do. However, sometimes things are so much cheaper from the likes of China and India that I cannot ignore it, so end up doing a little bit of sourcing from there, too. However my first port of call is always the UK, and overseas really does have to be quite a lot cheaper to persuade me to buy from there instead of somewhere that is closer to home.