Thread: Benefits of a long tenure in a company

Default Benefits of a long tenure in a company

I have been with our company for more 27 years and now I am savoring the benefits of that loyalty. First is the benefit of a housing loan which I had availed at low interest. Next is the shares of stocks granted to me last year. And there is the retirement package awaiting my retirement when I turn 60. For young employees, I am advising them to persevere and stay with their company. Always remember that there is no perfect office, no perfect employer and no perfect employee either.

2. Likes Charu Sharma liked this post
    Gold Member

Default Re: Benefits of a long tenure in a company

I absolutely agree with you, you're right.

Diamond Member

Sounds like you have a good deal going on. I'll keep this in mind.

I totally agree! It's very important to stay loyal to a company. Not only do you get a lot of benefits on leases, retirement plans and so on but you're also going to go to work with a positive attitude (well, that only happens when the coworkers are kind and not stressful).
    I wish I would be able to find a permanent place, but that's quite hard since I'm new in the industry.

Diamond Member

It is very easy to have the urge and give into the urge of being that guy who says that they're going to quit their job every week, but I think staying long term somewhere is really the best thing that anyone can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzyon View Post
    I totally agree! It's very important to stay loyal to a company. Not only do you get a lot of benefits on leases, retirement plans and so on but you're also going to go to work with a positive attitude (well, that only happens when the coworkers are kind and not stressful).
    I wish I would be able to find a permanent place, but that's quite hard since I'm new in the industry.
    I have several colleagues who left our company in favor of what they think were better employers. But it didn't take long for them to realize their mistake. Now, they can see that I am already in a high position and probably they could have been in this position too. Even my assistant has a higher position and pay than them. So I am always advising the young employees not to be carried away by their ambition to be promoted quickly.

Member Plus

thats the advantages of staying in the company for so long, that's what Im seeking now, Ive been in the logistics industry for 10 years and I learn a lot from values, vision, culture from 1 company to another, all of them are ISO certified (5 companies after graduated from college, my career starts in logistics/freight forwarding/transport industry). my goal is to start my own business related to logistics to have a Rigging and hauling business for Special Project cargo including heavy lift and contract logistics

Thanks for posting this thread Corzhens. Of course, its very important to stay loyal with your company. Most of the people get frustrated with the lack of good working environment, But they should learn to deal with various issues in an organisation and in your long tenure in a company provides you so many opportunities to learn lot of things.

Each time you enlist another representative, you should prepare him, long haul workers have just experienced this procedure and can be a precious emotionally supportive network to new representatives, for instance, a similar bookkeeping or administrative issue that the new contract battles with can be instantly unraveled by a long haul worker, arranging for more opportunity for everybody...

I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to

[QUOTE=William;25237]Each time you enlist another representative, you should prepare him, long haul workers have just experienced this procedure and can be a precious emotionally supportive network to new representatives, for instance, a similar bookkeeping or administrative issue that the new contract battles with can be instantly unraveled by a long haul worker, arranging for more opportunity for everybody...

http://www.antiquesandmore.com.au/