Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where to Outsource?

Default Where to Outsource?

I was recently listening to a podcast by two guys who created an outsourcing company in the Philippines. They set up the business, hired local workers and staff, then get hired to do outsourcing work for other companies and people. They specialize in online and website making kind of work. The podcast is the Adsense Flippers on itunes if anyone wants to check them out.

Anyway, they were talking about why they choose the Philippines over other countries like India. Their reason was because people in the Philippines usually have a really good command of English.

So, I just thought I would ask you guys, what country do you think is the best for outsourcing? Does it depend on the type of work being outsourced?

Default Re: Where to Outsource?

Indian has certain main reasons and benefits that cannot be ignored; the same makes it a hub for managing contracted service features. Functions such as sales marketing can be easily contracted to the experts in Indian. With the development of the variety of experts in Indian very experienced in their sector, the BPO Company in India(Noida) has become very famous and popular.

Call Facilities in Indian (Delhi Region) can be separated in three main groups viz- outgoing, web allowed as well as incoming contact centers. Variety of outgoing and incoming contact centers has seen an extreme rise over the past several years. Indian gives advantages to the consumer efficiency by assisting a wide customer base through proper management of very experienced skills pool

I thank the thread starter for this thread. This is a good promotion for the Philippines. Anyway, you are right when you say Filipinos are good in English because it is our second language and I grew up and studied in schools where English was the medium of communications. India, however, is also good in English but their advantage over the Philippines is the lower rate of wages. But in the long run, Filipinos have been raking in awards in the call center business for their diligence at work. So I guess it is still the Philippines as the best place to outsource.

I'm Indian national by the way and currently living in Cebu Philippines. I believe Filipinos are one of the best when it comes to labor. Not to mention they speak english well and can concoct US/UK accent, its no wonder there are lots of Call centers in the Philippines. In cebu we do have IT park where all the businesses within this park is related to outsourcing.

Member Plus

I've seen several BPO's related to Logistics and supply chain, I'm in the Logistics Industry for a decade now, adding this to my dream list, TO start a BPO company providing end-to-end support for businesses related to supply chain, logistics, and freight forwarding

Quote Originally Posted by shiva View Post
    I'm Indian national by the way and currently living in Cebu Philippines. I believe Filipinos are one of the best when it comes to labor. Not to mention they speak english well and can concoct US/UK accent, its no wonder there are lots of Call centers in the Philippines. In cebu we do have IT park where all the businesses within this park is related to outsourcing.
    That post is very heartwarming to me. You are right, call center agents here are thought the proper American accent. They undergo 2 weeks of training (provided by most BPO companies here) that gives them not only the accent but an insight on the culture of the Americans. In Cebu, Filipinos have the Cebuano accent hence they needed more training for their English proficiency.

It depends on the industry I guess. If you are looking for cheap manual labor, China or India would be my first two guesses. However if you have a company that wants to outsource customer service jobs, then China is probably not the best place to outsource to. For those kind of jobs you would want a country that has English speaking citizens and where cheap labor is available. Countries like Romania, Hungary, Croatia come to mind, although Greece might be a viable option soon.

Filipinos are competent workers. Even though English is their second language, it is the primary medium used in schools and universities from grade school up to college. That's why Filipinos are at the top of list when it comes to outsourcing.

I think if you need excellent English speaking workers, then India and the Philippines are definitely at the top, although countries like Poland, Hungary or Romania are up there as well. I am from Romania myself, and almost everyone in my country knows English, like it would their second language. Also, outsourcing is a good idea, as it creates new jobs for many people, I find it really bad that companies are paying a fraction of what the services that these workers deliver, would be worth.

Well, India is definitely a big place for outsourcing purposes but as you said, Philippines is a much better country if you're looking to talk with companies in english. English is their second language, so they're bound to know it really good.