Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where to Outsource?

Default Re: Where to Outsource?

Thank you very much for considering the Philippines as one of the top outsourcing countries. Aside from the grassroots English, the Filipinos have the penchant for English to look classy. Besides, I saw the training system being implemented by call centers which are intensive in nature. They are particular with the diction such that intonation patterns are rated. So you cannot just say good morning in any other way but in the American way when your company is in the US and European intonation for European clients.

India having lower wages can mean extra money to be used to further expand the business. Time can be more important than money when utilized wisely however. The language barrier could grow the need for a translater to allow a clear line of communication which would be money taken away from possible business ventures.

In the call center business, India is now second to the Philippines. Having the same orientation, since English is the second language of India like the Philippines, Indians would have the edge over other nationalities who don't have an English orientation. But the advantage of Indians over Filipinos is the lower wages that they demand so foreign businesses are wont to take India as their fist consideration. Besides, India has no record for strikes and other labor problems.

Member Plus

I think that it is very important that the people who we outsource to are able to speak our language, as it therefore means that it is a lot easier to negotiate with them, and also to iron out any problems that might arise as a result of something going wrong somewhere along the production line. Of course, language isn't everything, however I do find it stressful when I am trying to make a point and they simply don't understand what I'm saying. Sometimes I have had to hire a translator to help, but that is just more wasted expense as far as I'm concerned. So, ultimately, I do think that it is a great idea to make sure that English is understood, as it can make things a lot easier.

The best place to outsource is anywhere, really.

If you can find any place where your money goes further, then go for it.

Just remember, however, that quality should take precedence over cost in most situations.

Quote Originally Posted by kirachan View Post
    The best place to outsource is anywhere, really.

If you can find any place where your money goes further, then go for it.

Just remember, however, that quality should take precedence over cost in most situations.
    I totally agree. Cutting costs is not everything. There's still a market out there for quality!

Quote Originally Posted by Corzhens View Post
    That post is very heartwarming to me. You are right, call center agents here are thought the proper American accent. They undergo 2 weeks of training (provided by most BPO companies here) that gives them not only the accent but an insight on the culture of the Americans. In Cebu, Filipinos have the Cebuano accent hence they needed more training for their English proficiency.
    Those who cant make heart warming to those call center agents which can make training to Cebu (Y)

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

visit phenq review here

I have been involved in Outsourcing for about 30 years. Not just Logistics Outsourcing but also the BPO type of Outsourcing discussed here. At one stage I even owned a BPO (in the Philippines)

My observations regarding India v Philippines are these. Please do not take offence. These are based on experience.

INDIA

Good English
    Good technical skills
    Lower cost base
    but.......
    male agents can have a very 'pushy' attitude on calls and get quite aggressive at times!

Philippines

Good English skills
    Good at help desk and telemarketing type calls
    Generally have a 'softer' less pushy approach

In both cases whilst English skills are good, please understand hat a native English speaker will know after the FIRST word if the call is coming from India or the Philippines. Yes, it really is that obvious. I get telemarketing calls on a daily basis from both countries. I can honestly say in the last 5 years, I have had only 2 calls where I was not sure if I was talking to an overseas BPO agent. In both cases I tried to hire them

So my point is not to belittle or undermine the language skills of BPO agents. Their language skills are generally excellent. I wish I could speak a second language that well!

My point, is that they need to appreciate they will be identified as an overseas caller within seconds.... So don't try to hide it, or bluff. Just accept the fact. It's not a negative. I usually ask agents where they are based, and most tell me.

9. Likes Rob O'Byrne liked this post

I work with Ukrainian company for outsourcing my business. They are really professionals and provide many good decisions. I chose them because Ukraine is one of the most good and cost-efficient destinations for outsourcing software development. IT industry here is very strong. Here is an article about this https://idapgroup.com/blog/why-us-st...nt-to-ukraine/

Lurker

Hi,
    I see that thread is old. But hope that my information will be useful to someone. If we talk about the price\quality ratio I suggest Outsourcing in Ukraine. Here you can find more information