Supply Chain Leaders Insights
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Being managerial and polite

Default Re: Being managerial and polite

Yes so true. I only have a few employees and by and large they are very helpful and work hard even though their pretty young (one is a highschool student who works weekends) but occasionally i find myself frustrated by a mistake they make. In these cases i just have to take a deep breath and talk it out. But it is the same with customers sometimes. No good comes from loseing your cool

@Hulk, your post reminds me of our housemaids. One is 36 years old, who is quite responsible with the housework particularly with the chores on caring for our dogs. The other housemaid is 20 years old, quite naive and always making mistakes that sometimes gets to my nerves. On the other side, the 36-year old has gimmicks as if she is so smart, trying to give us alibis of going on a vacation to their province but not really. The 20-year old is so honest and we have no problem with her on this department. Now, how do you handle that situation of having 2 worker with contrasting characters?

Diamond Member

I think the best way is to try and not take things too personally or at least not too emotionally. In my opinion most businesses are run best when the decisions that drive them are based on objectivity and not merely because of what feeling is predominant at any particular moment. I think this attribute is not only important for the owner but also it should be a criteria for the people they hire. However, I will not neglect the fact that if a customer is excessively rude it will not make me somewhat peeved but at the same time I'd only really do something about it if I felt they are crossing the line and are beginning to seek comfort at the expense of a co-worker or employee's dignity or well being.

In a delicate situation, one can react by getting upset without going too far. It is not necessary that the relation with the customer or the perosnnel does not deteriorate