Thread: New Manager Guide

Default New Manager Guide

8 Fatal New Manager Mistakes:

Planning – You don’t take a proactive and organized approach to ensuring success in your new position
    Self Management – You don’t recognize gaps in your knowledge, skills, and abilities that are requirements for the new job
    Environment – You apply the incorrect approach to the business situation
    Team Development – You fail to build a high performing team that can deliver results fast enough
    A-Item Priorities – You fail to focus on key priorities (it’s foolish to think you can achieve results in more than a few areas)
    Stakeholder Alignment – You fail to align expectations, resources, and support of key stakeholders
    Influence – You fail to establish and maintain key relationships
    Early Wins – You fail to establish early wins that are important to your boss and are aligned with your A-Item Priorities

More Information and Purchase Here
    Regards

Top Link - Site Founder

2. Likes tradeforexcopier liked this post

Default Re: New Manager Guide

Every Manager should have this!

Banned

Managers should read this one. Especially the new managers, so they can be aware and not commit these mistakes again...

Banned

Well, Working smarter not harder is a great thing if you have practical and effective ways to make the most of your time and the time of those under your supervision. The first thing all managers of any level should do is to objectively examine their managerial skills, take note of how you actually spend your time each day; how much time do you spend of a project; and can you do something differently to accomplish your goals in less time without sacrificing quality?!Q

Hi, is there any way that whatever the link was leading will be available again? I think a guide for new managers would be really useful with today's market. Thanks!

Thank you for this information. I'm always looking for new guides, tips, etc. to bring into the workplace for everyone to take advantage of. This looks like a great piece to bring into the managers meeting next week. Since I have seen almost everyone one of these mistakes being made by a manager when I think about it I will have a big focus on it and go over it with group discussion. After that it won't go to waste I will be sure to put it on the bulletin board.

I've recently been made the leader of a significant project at my company but I lack a lot of leadership skills. Do you know if this book is available anymore? I would love to learn a new thing or two from it.