Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you buying from China?

Default Re: Are you buying from China?

I've had very mixed experiences with chinese suppliers.

I don't know if you've ever ordered from alibaba, but it's severely a hit-and-miss experience with product sourcing from them. And if that's any indication of the general experience with chinese suppliers, I would only go with somebody who has numerous positive testimonials before closing the deal.

I have bought from china in the past. Shipping wise, the time frame was pretty unpredictable, yet I didn't have many problems with the products themselves.

Diamond Member

I have bought from China previously, but in order to help the American economy, I have tried to stay with buying locally. Plus, the shipping is usually a lot better whenever you are ordering from within the US.

I use them often. Chinese suppliers are certainly cheap. I also find a lot of Chinese suppliers provide shipping for cheaper than local suppliers provide postage! The only problem being the length of time it takes and the unpredictability of the shipping. I'd like to support the local economy, but sometimes it's just more practical to buy from abroad.

Gold Member

I have used eBay sometimes to buy from Chinese sellers. I think some things they offer, for the price that they offer are great. But sometimes the customer service might not be as good due to their English, their English really isn't great and sometimes there could be a great misunderstanding. I've experienced a few times where the product was crap, but I received a refund from them and it was okay after that. After all, I would continue to buy from them because their economy is different and they can offer you the same thing we have in other countries like the USA for a much lower price, because they get paid low in China.

I bought two items from Chinese suppliers. One was a portable radio with emergency light and the other was a camera bag. The latter had good quality while the sound of the former was not so good.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Moose View Post
    I bought two items from Chinese suppliers. One was a portable radio with emergency light and the other was a camera bag. The latter had good quality while the sound of the former was not so good.
    That's awesome. How was your experience?

I don't like to but I do buy from China sometimes if the budget is tight. I didn't have such a bad experience as other people but the quality of the products is definitely not top notch.
    You get what you pay for, I guess.

My company doesn't buy directly from China because they're afraid of being taxed on the way. Customs here charge 60% of all products being brought from China, what makes it as expensive as national products and we get the risk of the product being lost along the way (what's not hard, a container can cost as much as USD 5.00 in a one-way trip America-China, really cheap, but not worth the risk).

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzyon View Post
    I don't like to but I do buy from China sometimes if the budget is tight. I didn't have such a bad experience as other people but the quality of the products is definitely not top notch.
    You get what you pay for, I guess.
    That's not entirely true. Chinese economy is different and the currency value there is different. If they had a dollar it would mean more than what it would mean for you. You could get things much cheaper than you would get in Romania because of their economy.