Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Canadian Supply Chains?

Default Canadian Supply Chains?

Experience? Do's and don'ts? Any advice on Canadian fulfillment would be awesome. Very rich market?

Banned

Default Re: Canadian Supply Chains?

I have no experience on Canadian supply chain yet, but I guess a little research would help.

You can read this one, jaredkproductions.com/2011/10/12/considering-outsourcing-your-canadian-fulfillment-service

Member Plus

Canada is a HUGE market. It's a mature market too, with a high earning educated population.
    It's one of the few places in the "Trillion Dollar GDP" club."
    The BIGGEST barrier to import is the language laws, your product must have both French and English.
    The country also has a lot of legislation, you need to do your research.
    Competition is high and presents a pretty big barrier to entry, there are many established Canadian and American companies in every industry sector.
    Canada participates in a number of free trade agreements, the most prominent being NAFTA.

Diamond Member

I have not had much/any experience with Canadian supply chains, but that market is huge. Canada is a different money making machine than the United States is.

Bronze Member

Is impressive how developed and huge is the market there despite of having far less population than some smaller countries, quality over quantity I suppose. In Canada, the Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) is the national voice for advancing and promoting the profession. SCMA sets the standard of excellence for professional skills, knowledge and integrity and was the first supply chain association in the world to require that all members adhere to a Code of Ethics.

Maybe you do not have to worry about so much, you can find a partner in China, i also intend to do so, and i found a good site, chinadivision.com which provides world wide order fulfillment service from china,is a leading service provider of China drop shipping, warehouse fulfillment, supply chain management and global shipping from China. With FREE warehousing for 90 days, state of the art warehouse management system, FREE API & plugins, we are confident to expand your business to new territories. We also provide customized value-added services including assembly, customized package and business inserts.