Challenges facing warehouse guards in your locality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenges facing warehouse guards in your locality

When it comes to the challenges facing warehouse guards, it differs from one place to another, one country to another and so on. The most common challenge facing most warehouse companies guards within my locality is lack of security tools to work with when working at night. It might be a difficult task for the company to get guns and their permits for all their night guards but there are other tools of technology that can be used if the company makes provisions for them. Take for instance, tasers are good security tools that can come in handy when an intruder is trying to break in to a company.

One of the challenges is my knowledge of problems in the rural area. It is much cheaper to have the warehouse in semi-rural areas which is not too distant to the city. However, there are provinces here where rebel groups are present. It is sad that those rebels are fighting against the government at the expense of the public. Warehouses in their area are usual victims of thievery for purposes of logistics (of the rebel groups). Some warehouses not only have security guards but also a band of army if the owner is well-connected.

Comment

A security guard is a uniformed personnel in charge of overseeing the place particularly the warehouse in our topic. When the environment is not friendly then I guess the number of security guards should be increased and to be augmented by cctv cameras. It would be a big disaster when a guard would be harmed or worse killed by unwanted elements who have the temerity to rob the warehouse. I think there should be full coordination with the local police just for a little peace of mind for the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
        One of the challenges is my knowledge of problems in the rural area. It is much cheaper to have the warehouse in semi-rural areas which is not too distant to the city. However, there are provinces here where rebel groups are present. It is sad that those rebels are fighting against the government at the expense of the public. Warehouses in their area are usual victims of thievery for purposes of logistics (of the rebel groups). Some warehouses not only have security guards but also a band of army if the owner is well-connected.
        Personally, I think that this issue is a very common problem both for warehouses situated in both the rural and urban areas. Although cases of rural areas are much higher unlike what's obtainable in the urban areas. Also looking at the size of the police force available in the rural areas, they lack enough man power to have police officers stationed in every single warehouse in the area. This is a very difficult challenge for warehouse owners in rural areas and it begs the question if it's advisable to have a warehouse situated in the rural area?

Comment

Working...
        X